Hilton Website (Again!) Down?

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by blackjack-21, Nov 9, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. blackjack-21

blackjack-21 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Several different attempts to log in to HHonors, or just check rates at different cities have gotten the "Oops what happened, we can't ...." and the comment to call if you want info. I tried through different entry points (Hilton Worldwide) and via my monthly account update email (latest I've received was for June although I've had many later stays since then), but to no avail.

Is anyone else having the same problem now, or is the website once again down for maintenance, or just the usual quirkiness, or is it just me?

And the Capcha was changing from just the room numbers most recently to now once again the convoluted letter login.

Thanks.

WilliamQ likes this.
  2. WilliamQ

WilliamQ Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yeah. I tried to use app and it says account not found. But I was able to login now.

blackjack-21 likes this.
  3. blackjack-21

blackjack-21 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks, I don't have the app on my dumbphones, but will try again on my pc in a bit to see if anything's changed.

4. Abidjan

Abidjan Silver Member

Status Points:
    Working for me this morning (knock on wood).

5. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    The website is typically down on Sundays for maintenance...

It is now working for me but I notice that some info is missing (e.g., the co-branded CC promos) and functionality is limited, which is usually an indication that it is undergoing maintenance...

Last edited: Nov 9, 2014
    Sammich likes this.
  6. andyroo31

andyroo31 Silver Member

Status Points:
    At 4am on a Sunday morning, it's generally a safe bet that it's down for maintenance. For sites that are generally 24/7 focused this is the least intrusive time - unless of course you're trying to make a reservation or check something out as you were!

7. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Your 4am may not be my 4am. It may not even be a Sunday for me.

blackjack-21 likes this.
  8. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    It is safe to assume it would be 4 am +/- 3h for the overwhelming majority of HHonors members...

blackjack-21 likes this.
  9. blackjack-21

blackjack-21 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Seems to be working once again for me at my most recent visit an hour ago. I realize that many websites have maintenance on late night weekends, but it seems at Hilton this happens all too frequently, much more then would seem necessary.

HaveMilesWillTravel likes this.
  10. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    :confused: Hmmm...Unless we access different websites, it might be a good idea to keep tabs to ensure that you are not trying to access around the same day and time as your last try and generalizing. I access the HHonors website as frequently as the next person and I have found it to have been incredibly stable and reliable since its last revamp and relaunch... .

11. blackjack-21

blackjack-21 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Same website, and usually no problems with signing in to access my account. Usually about once a week to check on rates and availability for properties we follow. And to keep the website from repeating on me, or not getting another access a short time later, I usually clear my cache immediately after signing out. No warning yesterday about an upcoming or current maintenance. I was able to start signing in as usual, including the Capcha which I deciphered the first time, then got the Ooops page when I went to see my account.

12. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    I access the website daily, especially when I have a bunch of stays booked, to make sure that I catch any rate decreases since the time I booked. While I agree that Hilton IT should be more consistent in warning about scheduled maintenance (when they remember to set it, there is a yellow advisory banner on Sundays informing about a scheduled maintenance in progress), frequent and wholesale losses of functionality that would make booking or account management difficulty are extremely rare...

13. lapointdm

lapointdm Silver Member

Status Points:
    seems ok for me. Soemtimes ther can be problems with specific browsers. If it doesn't work with one browser try another.

14. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    How often do other e-commerce websites like Amazon have lengthy scheduled outages? It's nearly 2015; zero-downtime patching and upgrades aren't exactly new concepts.

blackjack-21 likes this.
  15. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    I was on at various times today - morning / evening / night ... had no issues

blackjack-21 likes this.
  16. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    I am not aware of loyalty programs or even banks that do not take their websites down regularly for some time for maintenance. Anyone who does online banking with Chase is quite familiar with their permanently scheduled Sunday maintenance. I do not access Citi's website as often but they too do have regular downtime for maintenance...

17. andyroo31

andyroo31 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yep, that's the US-centric view of most online downtime, regardless where you really are!

Hopefully you were able to get your reservations taken care of once the site came back online. :)

18. Gtitan
    Original Member

Gtitan Gold Member

Status Points:
    At least for me as of 3/3/15 at 7:00 p.m. EST, the website has wiped out my points balance and all records of prior stays and upcoming stays.

19. WilliamQ

WilliamQ Gold Member

Status Points:

Oh... !!!
    Just checked mine.
    Same here.
    Dropped HHonors team an email.
    This is terrible.

20. WilliamQ

WilliamQ Gold Member

Status Points:
  21. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    No one is alone, as the site still times out. In fact, it would not surprise me if the reason the website is down is not related to their push to have something working to meet the deadline of having everyone change their passwords by March 25.

Gtitan likes this.
  22. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    'hhonors.com' has been down for so long it suggests a major reprogramming. I just hope that this won't result in "Diamond Force" being un-programmed out of the search engine! :eek:

Gtitan likes this.