Hilton Waikiki Prince Kuhio

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by msv, Sep 30, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. msv
    Original Member

msv Gold Member

Status Points:
    I just returned from an award stay where I had an overnight and debated on whether to use Hilton Points or just stay at an affordable place. Since the Prince Kuhio was 40K I decided to give it a try. I ended up with an ocean view room for my points and just loved the view (I guess Hilton ordered the double rainbow view when I got to my room ;)). Room is not big if you are traveling with more than 2 but the bathroom was very nice and modern and had a super comfortable bed. Woman who checked me in was great. My late arrival gave me 10 min in the Exec lounge and some yummeh chicken and complementary breakfast (only little gripe was sausage and not bacon) as the hot meat choice. It has a great location for restaurants and about a 2 block walk to the beach. I had a nice Diamond Head view from my balcony too. Lobby was very contemporary and comfortable. Made a Hilton Gold person very happy staying here!

8MiHi, uggboy, marcwint55 and 3 others like this.
  2. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:
    was the ocean view unobstructed?

uggboy likes this.
  3. msv
    Original Member

msv Gold Member

Status Points:
    Views from the balcony

Attached Files:

4. Weatherboy

Weatherboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    I stayed here earlier this year; got an upgrade as a Diamond to a high-floor with a great view of the ocean. Another perk of the place: they'll let you use a guest room during the day if you have a late flight out. The hotel was sold-out while I was there, so they couldn't extend my check-out time, but they gave me free use of another room (which was identical to the one I had, just on a low floor with a poor view) until 7pm. It was great --I was able to hang out on the beach in the morning and lounge around at the pool during the day. I was able to take a brief nap and shower/change before heading out that evening ...all without an additional charge. (And I even offered to pay a 1/2 day rate before I knew about the availability of these rooms.) Apparently most of those low-floor no-view rooms are there for that purpose.

8MiHi likes this.
  5. 8MiHi

8MiHi Silver Member

Status Points:
    This area was a bit schlumpy a few years ago. All of Waikiki seems to be picking up now with the area around Lewers (west end towards the Hilton Hawaiian Village) leading. The Prince Kuhio is in the east end back towards the canal and the zoo. It was OK before Hilton, but they have upgraded it nicely.