Hilton University of Houston review

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by DAS02135, Dec 3, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. DAS02135
    Original Member

DAS02135 Gold Member

Status Points:
    This hotel is literally on the University of Houston campus and is largely operated by students in the Hotel and Restaurant Management program. In fact, there are even classrooms and university administrative offices within the hotel.

Let me first say that the staff was great. I had some concerns about being at a hotel run by students, and they proved to be completely unfounded. Everyone was both friendly and competent, from the front-desk staff to room service to the restaurant staff at breakfast.

As a gold member, I was upgraded to a one-room junior suite on the second floor which had a balcony, large bathroom, sitting area, and desk nook. The entire area had just been remodeled and was away from the other guests rooms and didn't have any signs, so I couldn't find the room initially. When I went back to the desk for help, one of the front desk guys walked me to my room (even he took a wrong turn!). They were really nice about it and didn't make me feel silly for not being able to find it.

I booked the room 4 days before my stay, and it was the least expensive of the available Houston-area hotels at $180. All of the downtown ones were completely booked. It was $15 taxi ride to the downtown area around where the Rockets play.

There is no executive lounge.

uggboy likes this.