Hilton & Uber Announce A Partnership… Sort Of

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Sep 1, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Status Points:
    In many ways, Starwood has been the industry leader when it comes to launching partnerships with other travel providers, for the purpose of benefitting frequent users of both companies. This sort of cross-loyalty marketing is brilliant, whereby you're giving members an incentive to not just be loyal to your brand, but also your partners' brands (hopefully that works both ways). In early 2013 Crossover Rewards was launched, whereby SPG and Delta members began receiving reciprocal points and benefits. On the airline front that was later extended to Emirates with the introduction of Your World Rewards. Starwood also has a partnership with Caesars in Las Vegas (though really they were following Hyatt there, who first introduced a more impressive partnership with MGM). And most recently Starwood announced a partnership with Uber, which has been a huge hit with members. I was a bit surprised this morning when I saw the headline indicating that Hilton and Uber are launching a new partnership. While I get that companies can have multiple partnerships, you'd think there would have been some sort of exclusivity agreement between Hilton and Uber. The post Hilton & Uber Announce A Partnership… Sort Of appeared first on One Mile at a Time.

Continue reading...