Hilton Tropicana Las Vegas

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by youpaiyou, Feb 7, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. youpaiyou

youpaiyou Silver Member

Status Points:
    I booked a nonrefundable, pay in advance room through the Hilton Honors website a few weeks back because I believed that the rate I was getting was really good. A few weeks after booking the room, the prices dropped $30 a night.

I had planned on just chalking up the experience as a lesson learned and moving on. However, a friend suggested that I email HH and ask if I could cancel my reservation without incurring any penalties. I took my friend's advice and Hilton did in fact let me cancel my reservation without penalizing me. As of last Monday, my CC shows a credit for the full amount.

I'm sharing this experience with all of you because I think it's a good example of why I'll continue to give Hilton my business. Hilton could have easily told me to get lost and I would have totally understood, but it didn't.

2. Zomby Woof

Zomby Woof Silver Member

Status Points:
    Did they let you cancel because you rebooked at the lower rate?

youpaiyou likes this.
  3. youpaiyou

youpaiyou Silver Member

Status Points:
    No, I did not tell them that I was going to rebook and as of today's date, I haven't rebooked.