Hilton Tower New York

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by TRYING2BPLAT, Feb 16, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. TRYING2BPLAT

TRYING2BPLAT Silver Member

Status Points:
    Is it me or Hilton really doesnt have any room that will make me say WOW nice room! Seems like hilton just want to give you a room to sleep but not to give you a good room feel. It is very basic no matter which one I stayed. I am no Diamond just a gold but still no nice room, my rm now even the tub is peeling. I guess Conrad is the only xception but not hilton hotels.

marcwint55 and uggboy like this.
  2. Mike Reed

Mike Reed Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've had good rooms at Hiltons but Hilton isn't the luxury brand in the chain. Are you booking standard rooms and expecting luxury upgrades or are you booking upgraded rooms? I find the room descriptions online to be a good indicator.

Sent from my iPhone using milepoint

marcwint55 likes this.
  3. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    The property you are at is not strong. It is a lower-mid tier convention property.

marcwint55 likes this.
  4. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've had some very nice rooms at Hilton, especially in San Francisco. I think it varies greatly by the hotel. I am a diamond which probably helps, but I have also had some upgraded rooms I did not like such as Seattle.

5. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:
    It is a nice location even if not the greatest property.

6. TRYING2BPLAT

Status Points:
    I pay extra for the upgraded room but nothing to write home too. Any hilton property that really make you say WOW when you enter the room?

marcwint55 likes this.
  7. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    It is convenient for some Manhattan attractions...but it is just a high rise on an avenue that is a long stretch of high rises. There are plenty of superior hotels within sight line of the front door of this property.

That said, at some of the low rates I've seen for this property....or for those paying with points, it is perfectly serviceable....but in no way should anyone expect to say wow (at least not a positive wow).

marcwint55 likes this.
  8. TRYING2BPLAT

Status Points:
    Got it right, not a positive WOW! but I can see offices cubicles from my window, too bad didnt bring my binocular to do people watch. ;-)