Hilton to take over Hotel Concorde Opéra in Paris

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by uggboy, Sep 15, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    TRAVELSIG, sobore and mht_flyer like this.
  2. mikeef
    Original Member

mikeef Silver Member

Status Points:
    My wife's been complaining about the lack of a Hilton in Paris for a while. She's been reduced to staying at Marriott.

Finally, a man who knows how to make my wife happy!

Mike

uggboy likes this.
  3. southender
    Original Member

southender Silver Member

Status Points:
    will love this location! I take the western France trains out of St Lazare all the time and now I have a reason to avoid the RER part of the route!

uggboy likes this.
  4. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have stayed here a couple of times. It is not a bad hotel at all.

Given the recent decision of the IPO for Hilton I am not sure whether this will be put into the chain or not? Hard to say really. Interesting enough they had purchased the hotel from Starwood Capital (although it was never run as a Starwood branded hotel). Blackstone has a lot of different funds/etc as well.

uggboy likes this.
  5. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes indeed, Blackstone has a lot of diverse investment interests and it owns also a lot of different hotel brands, but seeing that Hilton needs IMHO, "badly" a Paris location, this maybe would make sense to run the former Concorde Paris Opera as a Hilton affiliated / managed property.

Regarding Starwood Capital, they own many hotels around the world, but lately they sell a lot of them, especially from their Concorde Portfolio [ bought from the Taittinger Champagne family ], they sold what are now Hyatt properties in France, they essentially cash in on the positive seller environment right now, and yes, Barry Sternlicht is also involved at the moment through his company Starwood Capital in Baccarat Hotels & Resorts and others incl. the Louvre Group which incl. Golden Tulip and a whole host of other French brands in the hospitality industry. He seems however to divest from the luxury sector and concentrates now with his investment vehicle on the budget to mid-scale hospitality sector.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2015
    TRAVELSIG likes this.
  6. HiltonHotelFans

HiltonHotelFans Silver Member

Status Points:
  7. travelingb

travelingb New Member

Status Points:
    Yay! Nice, my friend is the general manager there! Go stay at the Hilton Opera in Paris :)

8. southender
    Original Member

southender Silver Member

Status Points:
    Best choice for onward travel to northern coast.