Hilton Sydney, Australia

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by Status Traveller, May 5, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Status Traveller

Status Traveller Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have had a few very enjoyable stays at this hotel. This is the most recent:

Property: Hilton Sydney
    Dates: 25-27 April 2012
    Rate: $157 AP
    Booked: King Hilton Guest room
    Received: King Hilton Executive Room (I enquired about an upgrade to a better room but was told they didn't have availability, but their website showed they did)

Goodies: access to Exec Lounge, free internet, one bottle of water per day, chocolate chip cookies and free buffet breakfast for 2 at Glass Restaurant (one of the best breakfasts I have ever had).

The executive lounge is open from 6.30am to 9.00pm daily:
    • Continental breakfast served 6.30am-10.00am Mon-Fri & 6.30am-11.00am Sat, Sun & Public Holidays
    • Coffee, tea & soft drinks available throughout the day
    • Afternoon tea served 3.00pm-6.00pm daily
    • Evening drinks & canapes served 6.00pm-8.30pm Mon-Fri & 6.00pm-8.00pm Sat, Sun & Public Holidays (the canapes consisted of a variety of sushi, sandwiches & wraps, cheeses, nuts, dips, vegetable sticks, bread, crackers, salad as well as a few hot items). There was also wine, beer, spirits and a daily cocktail.
    • Variety of newspapers and magazines
    • 3 guest computers and they note there is a charge for printing but I have not been charged when I have just printed boarding passes.
    • Free wifi
    • Additional guests not registered to room are charged a fee.
    I love this hotel for its location, decent prices when I have needed to stay, separate shower in bathroom and staff who are very friendly and professional.
    The only downside is that the rooms are quite small.

NYCUA1K likes this.
  2. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    In was in Sydney just before the Olympics and loved it. I was not a HH member then so I had no reason to check out Hilton properties (back then I stayed in something that looked like a student dorm!). However, I am right now in Melbourne, Down Under, staying at the Hilton Melbourne South Wharf and will be filing a trip report as soon as I can. Although I have been here for only a couple of days, my first impressions are all great, including being upgraded to what is probably the largest suite on the property...without asking! So, stay tuned...

Please enjoy your stay Down Under and, as a pro, I am sure that you will be spending a lot time around "Darling Harbour"!

Cheers, mate!

Status Traveller likes this.
  3. Status Traveller

Status Traveller Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have heard really positive reviews about Melbourne South Wharf too.
    Looking forward to my stay there in September.