Hilton Surpass AMEX 80K Sign-Up Bonus Is Back

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Credit Cards' started by Kalboz, Apr 1, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

Status Points:
    According to Lucky, through May 5, 2015, the Hilton HHonors Surpass Card from American Express is offering an increased sign-up bonus of 80,000 HHonors points after spending $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership.

http://onemileatatime.boardingarea....s-american-express-80k-sign-up-bonus-is-back/

Two things to keep in mind: You can only get the sign up bonus on AMEX personal cards once per lifetime, and AMEX will not match higher sign up bonuses if you already got the card with a lower sign up bonus!

Newscience and uggboy like this.
  2. moongoddess

moongoddess Silver Member

Status Points:
    I badly want to take advantage of this! Alas, I am traveling for the entire latter half of April, and don't get back to the US until May 4. Guess I need to apply ASAP as soon as I get back home, and hope for the best! (Or apply right before I leave - but then I don't have the entire three months to make the spend for the bonus, which seems risky.)

Why, oh why couldn't they have extended the offer until mid-May?

Kalboz likes this.
  3. moongoddess

moongoddess Silver Member

Status Points:
    Well, I applied for the card this weekend, and managed to screw up my application.. I have a credit freeze in place (courtesy of a compromised computer system at a former workplace); the last time I applied for an AmEx card, it only took a few minutes to generate a one-time PIN that AmEx was able to use to access my Experian file. Somehow I screwed up this time, though, and Experian now has me frozen out of the website. I had to send them a bunch of photocopies of various documents confirming my identity, which they should be receiving today. Now I have to keep my fingers crossed they'll let me either generate a PIN for AmEx or temporarily lift the freeze before I leave town next week, as I'll have no internet access for a god 2 1/2 weeks and my application will expire before I get back.

*sigh* Sometimes it just doesn't pay to get out of bed. Reminder to self: in the future, temporarily lift the freeze FIRST. THEN apply for the card!

Kalboz likes this.
  4. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

Status Points:
    Don't know if this will help you, but a recent report by Greg (Frequent Miler) about AMEX credit pull surprise:http://frequentmiler.boardingarea.c...t-amex-credit-pulls-plus-an-offersbot-update/

According to the above report you might've gotten "a freebee" credit application! :)