Hilton Status JumpStart

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by slalom, Nov 18, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. slalom

slalom Silver Member

Status Points:
    Since I made "Diamond" much earlier this year, and have made top level in SPG....I thought this is a great promo and it has me staying back at Hilton as often as I can in November/December. Its a great example of a promo that will actually cause me to make additional stays!

START EARNING YOUR 2015 TIER STATUS TODAY.
    SIGN UP FOR THIS EXCLUSIVE OFFER AND THIS YEAR’S STAYS CAN COUNT TOWARD YOUR FUTURE TIER STATUS.

It’s never too soon to start upgrading your status with Hilton HHonors™. We know you enjoy all the benefits your elite status provides, and when you sign up for the Status Jumpstart offer, you can start achieving your 2015 status* with stays completed now through December 31, 2013. That means you’ll have a head start on earning your 2015 status. Sign up today and don’t miss the chance to get ahead.

*Standard 2015 tier status qualification is based on your stay activity between January 1 through December 31, 2014. After signing up for this offer, all future stays through the end of 2013, in addition to your 2014 stays, will count towards your 2015 status.

2. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    This is a targeted offer which I may get since after I check out of Hilton Singapore on 11/23, I will have enough base points (120K+) to requalify for HH Diamond after just 12 stays. With an extended reward stay at W=A Shanghai during the period of this offer that should earn me substantial base points on incidentals, I should be excited if I were to be targeted for this offer. However, it will be meaningless for my style of qualifying because of what the Points Guy says here:
    With my pattern of stays, I would have a hard time making HH Diamond on stays, whereas I make it easily on base points. As noted above, I will requalify for HH Diamond at the end of this week with just 12 stays, but 120+ K base points.

No base points, not for me...

Last edited: Nov 18, 2013
  3. WhiteDesert

WhiteDesert Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yes--this promotion is absolutely one that benefits those of us who re-qual for HHonors status based on stays. I was surprised when I received the offer, but happily signed up. Doing so should yield about five stays before the end of the calendar 2013 that will count for 2015 re-qual. Brilliant.

4. slalom

slalom Silver Member

Status Points:
    I was diamond on points (March 2013) and Nights (May 2013) and still haven't hit it for stays. Interestingly, I have a few "one nighters" booked before the end of the year, so maybe JumpStart will make a difference.

5. WhiteDesert

WhiteDesert Silver Member

Status Points:
    I think it will definitely offer some interesting calendar 2014 leverage possibilities for some folks. My goal for 2013 was to re-qual HH Gold and hit SPG Platinum. Because of prices and travel patterns, I instead hit HH Diamond and just crawled over the line for SPG Gold*, even though 2013 was a pretty heavy travel year. This offer will let me put SPG Platinum in my cross-hairs again for 2014 (although given the price differences that I usually see between geographically comparable SPG and Hilton properties, I'm far more skeptical than I was last year at this time).