Hilton St. Petersburg Bayfront (Saint Petersburg, FL) review

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by DAS02135, Dec 9, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. DAS02135
    Original Member

DAS02135 Gold Member

My dad and I came down to St Petersburg to see a couple Red Sox games (this was the series at the start of September that ushered in the begining of the end of their 2011 season :mad:). The rate for our Fri-Mon stay was $101 per night.

Here's the good:
    • Great lounge. The lounge is pretty big, has nice views of the water, was staffed by an incredibly friendly gentleman, and had a good assortment of food at breakfast (oatmeal, eggs, pastries, and fruit. There was also a self-serve fridge stocked with bottle water, soda, etc. I believe they give all elites (including silvers) access. We only ate breakfast here, so no idea what the evening spread is like.
    • Short walk into the waterfront area. It was maybe 5 blocks through nice areas to the waterfront, marina, and a lot of delicious restaurants.

Here's the not so good:
    • Dated rooms. They're not uncomfortable, but they clearly shown their age.
    • Loud HVAC. My dad snores. LOUDLY. And even that didn't drown out the noise of the air conditioner.
    • Close to the stadium but not a recommended walk. While close to the Ray's stadium (less than a mile), the hotel warned us off against walking and I can see why. It would probably be okay for a day game, but the area around the stadium didn't look too good for night walking.

Overall, if in the area, I wouldn't mind staying here again.
    uggboy likes this.