Hilton Select / Premier

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by viguera, Jan 9, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've been with Hilton for ages and this is the first time I've seen this offer... then again maybe it was going in my spam folder?

Anyway they have discounted offers for Select ($259) and Select Premier ($399) which come with some perks.

I think the cash back certs, points and a few other items sort-of make up for the price -- at least for the Select membership at the discounted rate -- based on your circumstances. They have a quarterly $10 discount on checked baggage and a monthly $25 restaurant.com gift certificate, which in theory are worth something, if you use them.

The whole cash back on airfare and cruises is a toss-up though, because you have to book through them, which means you might not get the best deal to begin with.

hilton-select.png

Has anybody actually signed up for this before?

Here's the verbiage from their site:

uggboy likes this.
  2. Zomby Woof

Zomby Woof Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've never heard of Hilton Select. Is it some targeted club/promotion? Can you post a link?

viguera likes this.
  3. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    I googled it and found nothing, but the link they sent points to https://www.hiltonselect.com/ -- along with a few parameters in the URL, no doubt to track the offer. The prices and benefits seem to be the same regardless though.

4. Zomby Woof

Zomby Woof Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hilton Select Premier at $399 for your offer seems like it is free since you'll get that back in $400 hilton certs.

5. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:
    no great bargain here.

adrianors likes this.
  6. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yeah the whole "up to $200" is the sketchy part... Not to mention that there are probably restrictions where you have to book through them, and in my experience that could mean that you can only apply the certs to specific room types or higher rates, thus negating any savings.

There's some value in there though... buying the 10k HH points straight is $100, plus you get the WiFi / luggage stuff.

7. Zomby Woof

Zomby Woof Silver Member

Status Points:
    Good catch. If its not just $200 credit for your room, then probably not worth it. Maybe someone else will be the guinea pig and report their experience.

adrianors likes this.
  8. adrianors

adrianors Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'll be sitting and waiting.. in my humble opinion, if I am going to pay 400 bucks for a membership, why not get a special branded credit card that offers me something close to that + points for every purchase I make? Let's see what they offer for Hilton Select, otherwise the membership goes up to 549 (for premier).
    1 - 5% cashback, you can get in a credit card
    2 - discounts, whatever, they are everywhere.. get tons of that in my mailbox and email everyday
    3 - roadside assistance, I have AAA
    4 - travel protection, my credit card offers that
    5 - best available rate guaranteed, thats for everyone, even if you are not a HHonors member!
    6 - 5,000 points, you get that easy if you stay a lot in the Hilton. got 25500 in a 5 day stay at DoubleTree couple weeks ago... they always have promos
    7 - 200 cash back.. really? The other 200 goes for what?
    I don't think it is even close to a fair deal. If you are a Frequent Traveler you dont need that, if you are not, you also dont need. The first dont need because he will get enough perks and those offers will look worthless, the second dont needs because he dont travel that much, so its better to keep the money and spend in a trip later on the road :)

9. Zomby Woof

Zomby Woof Silver Member

Status Points:
    Seems like that is two certs for $200 each for the Select Premier level for $399 promo offer.

10. adrianors

adrianors Silver Member

Status Points:
    I opened the website.. apparently that offer is over..

11. Terry Yap

Terry Yap Gold Member

Status Points:
    Seems ok value for someone looking for a package with a variety of benefits,and saving on research, so IMHO, for value for hotel stays alone, Hilton Gold status is excellent value via credit cards or MP

12. savvytravels

savvytravels New Member

Status Points:
    Hilton is running a promotion for new Hilton Select members. If you enroll, you get a 3 day-2 night Las Vegas or Orlando stay and the membership costs $259. I had a pleasant conversation with an agent and signed up. It seems pretty decent considering you get $300 in restaurant.com certificates, a $100 cert for a future Hilton stay and 5000 HH pts. Also 5% cash back for booking travel plans with them. Shopping discounts and coupons for groceries. Roadside assistance. Rebates for travel - baggage fees, meals and beverages. Rebates for other entertainment and shore excursions. Not sure that I would sign up for $399 on the website, but the value is there for $259.