Hilton Q3 2012 Bonus Program

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by Gulfstream 550, Jun 17, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Gulfstream 550

Gulfstream 550 Silver Member

Status Points:
    With Q3 right about to get underway, is there a link for the Q3 Hilton Promotion?

2. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    No official announcement yet.

The FT speculation thread has a post claiming it will be triple points or miles. Info from someone who says staff at a property he/she is staying provided the info.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/18750369-post50.html

mht_flyer likes this.
  3. kansaskeith

kansaskeith Gold Member

Status Points:
    This will be interesting to see. I mean, I know that never in this history of the world has someone claiming a definite fact on FT ended up being wrong, but Q3 is traditionally the busiest travel season of the year, encompasses most of summer vacation, etc., and yet in the period of highest demand, HH is moving from double points or miles to triple ones? Will be very nice, but at this point I am going to watch with interest. . . .

4. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

Status Points:
    I will have a couple stays at Hilton properties during that period, and they'll happen no matter what. Don't think there's a lot of opportunity for me to shift additional spend to Hilton (due to lack of spend, period) so I am not really paying a lot of attention to this. In fact, I just looked for a FT thread when I saw this thread pop up here.

5. Max M

Max M Gold Member

Status Points:
    Very anxiously awaiting to hear the annoucement, considering I have a stay with check-in date of July 1st.

6. riceoven

riceoven Silver Member

Status Points:
    looking forward to hearing this since my Starwood choice promo period ends in July, with no more incentive until sept...

7. Sean Colahan
    Original Member

Sean Colahan Gold Member

Status Points:
    I look forward to seeing what the promo is as I have a bunch of Hilton stays needed in Q3.

8. Mike Reed

Mike Reed Gold Member

Status Points:
    Unless Hilton does something spectacular, I'm still chasing 75 nights at Starwood and HHonors is still my second tier program. I earn enough points on the credit card for those short vacation stays (3 just last week on a road trip to Florida) that I don't run out of points. Starpoints, OTOH, are harder to acquire, comparatively, so the extra point at the 75-night level matters quite a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using milepoint

9. Putra

Putra Silver Member

Status Points:
    I am waiting for it. I have long stay in Maldives so hopefully triple or quadruple point are good enough.

10. ChrisUNC

ChrisUNC Silver Member

Status Points:
    Which property in the Maldives are you going to stay? I had never heard of the island nation until I saw a poster in a travel agency window a few years back during a stay in London. It quickly moved to the top of my bucket list of places I want to visit. The only thing that's prevented me from the expedition thus far is finding a traveling companion to take with.

11. Putra

Putra Silver Member

Status Points:
    Since it would be my paid stay, I choose Hilton Iru Fushi (Cannot afford Conrad). With all sea plane and my diving bill will earn points, it will be good if this triple point happened.

12. kansaskeith

kansaskeith Gold Member

Status Points:
    From a business standpoint, it is interesting to see the number of posts on here that basically say folks are going to stay with Hilton during the quarter regardless, and are hoping for the best promotion from which they can benefit. That's a perfectly legal and proper hope, of course, but when one comes down to it, promotions cost the company money (or accrued points on their books, etc.), and if people are going to stay with them anyway, the money the companies spend on these offers does them no good. So I hope Hilton finds a way to attract new business from the the promotions it offers, thus helping everybody out. . . .

Fredrik and HaveMilesWillTravel like this.
  13. ChrisUNC

ChrisUNC Silver Member

Status Points:
    Excellent point. So we should all be posting about the huge number of hotel stays we have planned for Q3, but will only be staying at Hilton properties if there is a great promotion running during that time. :)

kansaskeith likes this.
  14. roundsda

roundsda Member

Status Points:
    Max M, SC Flier, TRAVELSIG and 3 others like this.
  15. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Thanks.

Get to your next getaway three times faster with the Hilton HHonors™ Triple Your Trip promotion. Sign up and stay Friday, Saturday or Sunday nights to earn Triple HHonors Points from July 1 through September 30, 2012. And earn Double HHonors Points on Monday through Thursday at participating hotels and resorts. If you're not a member, join today. Because whether you're earning double points on business or triple points on a weekend away, you can always count on HHonors to get you to your next getaway faster.

Fine print:

The offer (“Triple Your Trip”) is valid for eligble stays completed between July 1 and September 30, 2012 ("Promotion Period") at any participating hotel or resort in the Hilton Worldwide portfolio (<click here for hotels who have chosen to not participate>). Hilton HHonors™ members must first register at HHonors.com/Triple prior to check-out of your stay within the Promotion Period. Registered HHonors members will receive the bonus only for nights completed during the Promotion Period, regardless of a check-in date before the Promotion Period begins or a check-out date after the Promotion Period ends. For the Triple Your Trip promotion, the Bonus Points you earn per night are calculated based on the average nightly folio of your total stay (average nightly folio is calculated by taking the total net folio of your stay divided by the total number of nights of the stay). Triple Your Trip Double Points are awarded for Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday nights in your stay. Triple Your Trip Triple Points are awarded for Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights in your stay. For a detailed explanation of how points are issued for Triple Your Trip, please see (<Frequently Asked Questions>). “Double Points” means you will receive a bonus equal to the number of Base Points earned during a stay. “Triple Points” means you will receive a bonus equal to double the number of Base Points earned during a stay. Bonus Points earned on Base Points do not count toward tier qualification. Please allow six to eight weeks from completion of your stay for points to appear in your HHonors account. Offer is not transferable, is not valid for groups and cannot be combined with other select offers.

Hotels that DO NOT participate:

http://hhonors1-stg.hilton.com/en_US/hh/landing/tripleyourtrip_nonparticipatinghotels/index.do

kansaskeith likes this.
  16. kansaskeith

kansaskeith Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks, roundsda and havemileswilltravel .

Some drawbacks cause this to be less of a major deal than "triple" would otherwise sound. Don't get me wrong, as indicated in my post above, promotions cost companies money and we can't expect Hilton to give away the farm. Still, the drawbacks I see:

(1) This time around one doesn't get to choose between whether he/she wants the multiplier to apply to miles or to points, but it applies only to points.

(2) The "triple" applies only on weekend nights, it's double on weeknights.

(3) And this one is notable to me. The list havemiles posted of nonparticipating hotels is a loooooong list! Reading through it one wonders if it will ever end. http://hhonors1-stg.hilton.com/en_US/hh/landing/tripleyourtrip_nonparticipatinghotels/index.do And it sure includes a bunch of hotels in London. Wonder why? Is something happening in London this summer that would cause the hotels to be full even without promotions, maybe even without points at all? Gee, I wonder. Oh yeah, yet something else that the Greeks brought forth onto Europe and the World :)

17. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

Status Points:
    On the other hand, the Greek hotels all participate :)

A quick scan confirms that the properties I already booked are all participating. Still have to book a couple weekend nights where I haven't settled on the chain/property yet, so this list might make a difference.

Any thoughts on how they'll handle multiple rooms booked under the same name? Triple/double points for all rooms?

Max M and tsastor like this.
  18. Putra

Putra Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hurmm...My point will be a lot lesser than expected :(

19. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thank you for posting! A nice promotion- not perfect, however better than nothing.

20. Putra

Putra Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hurmm...My point will be a lot lesser than expected :(

21. luv2travel

luv2travel Silver Member

Status Points:
    What's the point of having a promotion if there are all these hotels not participating?

Looks to me that a lot of those not participating are their lower chains too - Hamptons, HGIs, Embassy Suites.

22. chitownflyer
    Original Member

chitownflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    This is certainly a welcome promo, but I do not like the long list of excluded hotels on the list many of them being in Calfornia and also international.

23. TRYING2BPLAT

TRYING2BPLAT Silver Member

Status Points:
    This is a good promo if the hotel in your area is accepting the promo but for my area, looks like everyone is on the "not participating" list, what a bummer!!!

24. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

Status Points:
    The international list seems to be rather short.

To answer my own question, now that the FAQ is posted:

If I have two rooms at the same time with my family, do both of those rooms count toward my promotion bonus if I am paying for them both?
    Yes. We can credit a maximum of 2 rooms.

Based on that, it looks like I'll have a total of 13 nights during that period, all at properties that participate. Not too bad.

kansaskeith likes this.
  25. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

Status Points:
    For future reference (i.e., in case it should change) I am posting the list of properties that have opted out as of today (6/20/2012).

Attached Files:

Max M and chitownflyer like this.
  26. Jim
    Original Member

Jim Silver Member

Status Points:
  27. tsastor
    Original Member

tsastor Silver Member

Status Points:
    They are trying to redeem themselves? ;)