Hilton Properties in Istanbul?

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by Handleman20, Mar 19, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Handleman20

Handleman20 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I might be over in Istanbul off and on for three months and wondered if anyone has any good info on Hilton properties there to choose or avoid. I'm mostly looking for somewhere with wireless, but also just a place with some decent food around it. Any advice is appreciated...

RAPC, deant and uggboy like this.
  2. deant
    Original Member

deant Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Stayed at the Doubletree last summer. Located in old town and just opened in the last year or so. Not "traditional" turkish design. Reasonable location. Trolly stop right outside the hotel. Good food within a couple of blocks.

Really depends on where you will be going when you are there. Traffic is HORRIBLE.

RAPC and uggboy like this.
  3. RAPC
    Original Member

RAPC Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm a huge fan of the Conrad in Istanbul, which we find great for leisure stays. Wonderful views across the Bosphorous from the lounge, great staff and a decent wi-fi signal throughout the hotel.

The hotel is in the Besiktas area, which has a great selection of restaurants and cafes around it.

Istanbul does appear to be one of those cities though that divides opinion. As much as I advocate the Conrad, there will be strong opinion for the alternative HH properties there as well. It is a well service Hilton destination, so you may well be spoiled for choice.

uggboy and DCA Rob like this.
  4. msv
    Original Member

msv Gold Member

Status Points:
    I stayed at the Hilton overlooking the Bosphorus. The lounge was exceptional and my balcony view was fabulous.

uggboy likes this.
  5. HiIslands
    Original Member

HiIslands Silver Member

Status Points:
    I stayed at the Hilton Park in Istanbul and enjoyed it. But note from the outset, it's not the fanciest, most expensive or biggest Hilton property in Istanbul.

-They allowed me an early check-in, and I do mean EARLY... around 7am. It was a blessing after a long flight from Singapore.
    -The views of the Bosphorus are stunning. And you can easily walk down to the shoreline for a coffee by the sea (about 10 minutes). I found myself doing this several times during my stay, it was so enjoyable.
    -They have a fine restaurant that even the locals frequent. They also have a comfortable and friendly bar. The Hilton breakfast here is top notch.
    -If you don't want to eat at the hotel, there are quite a few excellent restaurants within easy walking distance of the hotel.
    -The staff are friendly, outgoing and helpful-- no "attitude" sometimes found in large international hotels.
    -Apart from the stadium (5 minutes) the hotel is located in a pleasant, non-touristy neighborhood with interesting shops. I felt comfortable walking around here even in the evening.
    -You can walk to the streetcar line (10 minutes) and be anywhere in Istanbul without having to deal with Istanbul cab drivers :eek: .
    In short, I will go back there again on my next visit!

uggboy and RAPC like this.
  6. From NYC
    Original Member

From NYC Gold Member

Status Points:
    I liked the Doubletree in Old Town. As mentioned above, it’s new. Great breakfast buffet, no lounge. I was there last December and they gave me a suite that had a small balcony. Not much of a view. However, it’s within walking distance of Grand Bazaar, and to the Hagia Sophia and Blue Mosque, along with other sites in Old Town. The tram stop is right across from the hotel, so is easy to get back. These are frequently very crowded; I did the metro to the tram way from the airport to the hotel, and the tram was packed. If you don’t mind switching hotels mid-trip, you might consider 2 nights there, then switching to one of the other hotels to give yourself a feel for a very different part of the city. You’ll have a great time.

uggboy likes this.
  7. tsastor
    Original Member

tsastor Silver Member

Status Points:
    I took the tram to metro back to the airport. Reserved 1.5 hours for the trip. Just made it to baggage drop on time (1 hour before flight). Price was 4 liras (taxi is about 60 liras).