Hilton Prague Old Town

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by mo26, Nov 10, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. mo26

mo26 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hi all,

I'm heading to Prague next week for the first time and will be staying at the Hilton in Old Town.

I didn't see much for the Old Town location, anyone been there recently?

Tips, advise, or general comments?

FYI- I'll be going as a tourist ;)

- MO

Kalboz likes this.
  2. newbluesea
    Original Member

newbluesea Gold Member

Status Points:
    My stay was a few years ago perhaps its dated. Location for a tourist visting this very nice city cant be beat you will be within short walking distance to many of the must see sites, Charles Bridge, JewIsh Cemetary,Prague Castle ets.
    Got a decent room upgrade and the exceutive lounge was good though a bit crowded at times. Staff was courteous no problems there.

However I close without mentioning that we also stayed at the Prague Hilton and all aspects of stay surpassed the Old Town property. Got a room overlooking the river and the staff was exceptional.
    The Executive lounge IMHO was one of Hiltons best in Eurupe both in selections and way the staff handled members at busy periods.
    (Far better than the now difunct and overrated Parid ADT and dare I say it ...the Imperial lounge at the Cavalieri, Rome)

iolaire and mo26 like this.
  3. mo26

mo26 Silver Member

Status Points:
    That's interesting thank you!!! Do you remember how the locations of both properties measured up for a tourist? I'm not going to be spending too much time in the hotel, so i feel like the better location (if it is better) would be the way to go.

4. newbluesea
    Original Member

newbluesea Gold Member

Status Points:
    The Old town is definitely more centrally located for a tourist visit and perhaps the only major site the Prague Hilton is closer to is Wencelas Square.
    If you look at a map of Prague find the Charles Bridge and follow the river north(east) you find the Prague Hilton.
    We really did not find it to be a very long walk at all to get to the Old Town area or other central areas

When you are a tourist you spend time looking in shops, grabbing a pastry or glass of wine etc etc. its amazing the distance you can cover:)

iolaire and mo26 like this.
  5. mo26

mo26 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks!