Hilton Points For Less

Discussion in 'Hilton | Honors' started by hannakhan, Apr 21, 2017.  |  Print Topic

1. hannakhan

hannakhan Member

Status Points:
    Don't think anyone has posted on here about this yet, but Daily Getaways is offering Hilton Points for far less than their retail value, next month. Good to keep in mind if you're planning a trip this summer and use Hilton as your hotel.

Kalboz and uggboy like this.
  2. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Far less than retail value or retail price?? ;)

The points are selling at 0.48cpp via Daily Getaways on May 2nd (https://dailygetaways.ustravel.org/Calendar.aspx?week=3). That's really just the average value of an HHonors point these days. Yes, HH typically charges more than that to buy them outright, but a half cent per point redemption value is spectacularly common, not a tremendous deal.

iolaire, uggboy and hannakhan like this.
  3. Counsellor
    Original Member

Counsellor Gold Member

Status Points:
    My experience recently has been that redemption rate in most cases is closer to .40 or .35 cents per point.

4. hannakhan

hannakhan Member

Status Points:
    Have you seen any sites that have it at .35 to .40 cents a point? Looking around!

5. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    The buy price and the redeem price are typically different. But paying 0.5 cents for a product that can only be redeemed at 0.35-0.4 cents is a bad choice.

6. iolaire
    Original Member

iolaire Gold Member

Status Points:
    Those guys are pissing me off, the $480 package has a $1000 value, yet its very hard to a redemption that is even close to the $480 value. Plus with the current bonus on buying it would only cost me $500 to get the same amount of miles via Hilton Buy points.

I feel this is completely false advertising saying its a $1000 value. I tried to complain to them but they refuse to respond to me.