Hilton Paris-CDG [ Short review // Pictures ]

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by uggboy, Oct 25, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    We stayed recently at the Hilton Paris-CDG [ paid stay ] and wanting to share our experiences and impressions with fellow MP'ers.

Location // Getting there: The hotel offers a free shuttle bus connection from Terminal 2F // TGV station // but we could easily take the CDGVALE train // complimentary // which connects all CDG terminals with each other to Terminal 3 Rossypole station and from there follow the Hilton signs, only 3 to 5 minutes walking distance. Easy access, covered walkway, only the last few meter are not covered. We had sunshine, no problem.

Physical plant: Imposing building with large all-glass atrium with bubble lifts to transport guests to their rooms. Beautiful art deco touches throughout the building.

Welcome: Instant upgrade to a Executive Deluxe room with Executive Lounge access // very fast check-in, no problems at all, very friendly and efficient.

Room: 8th floor // highest floor // Executive Deluxe room with King size bed, complimentary Evian bottles of still water // sofa // large safe, classic furnishings, very good condition throughout, very elegant IMHO, fully stocked mini-bar, complimentary internet access [ due to status ] or a hefty 27 Euros // 24h. The room overall had everything we needed and some style too. From tea // coffee making facilities to a powerful hairdryer. Loved that we had a large bathtub and separate shower stall. The bath amenities comprised Crabtree and Evelyn La Source products, the full line-up. 24h room service was also available.

Executive Lounge: Key card access, medium sized lounge, a relaxed style, restaurant style seating, TV in the middle on the wall with CNN, views over the tarmac and the static Concorde display were on offer as far I remember it, free computer terminals to access the internet are located near the lounge entrance. We had some afternoon sweets here with superb coffee, in the evening there was sparkling wine, red, white available, beer, other alcoholic drinks, soft drinks and canned juices.

We enjoyed also some onion rings, canapes and cheese sticks here too. The lounge fills up, but was never too busy. In the morning we had a good breakfast here incl. eggs, bread offerings, fruit salad, coffee and juice selection plus some more incl. cereal selection.

Other impressions: Service was always very friendly, the hotel has also an indoor swimming pool which we have visited, very nice actually, plus a fitness center and spa offerings, eg. from 1pm to 9pm daily. There is a bar, restaurant. We enjoyed for our evening room service incl. very good pasta.

Maybe not the cheapest hotel offering at CDG seeing at Rossypole is also the Novotel and Ibis offering by Accor. But the Hilton offers a great style, art deco atmosphere, fantastic atrium, large rooms, very good HH recognition, instant upgrade for us, free internet, Executive Lounge benefit and choice of breakfast in the lounge or the restaurant. Plus it is easy to get here too, a big plus.

Would we love to stay here again? YES!
    Would we recommend this hotel? YES!

Hope you like our review? Thanks for your appreciation and safe // happy travels.

2. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Here are some photos taken during our stay at the Hilton Paris-CDG [ The photos are also posted on our Flickr account = many more of them = Link under each photo ] Thank you!

[​IMG]
    Untitled by UggBoy♥UggGirl [ PHOTO // WORLD // TRAVEL ], on Flickr

^ Hilton Hotel Paris-CDG exterior // as seen from the Rossypole station exits towards the hotel.

[​IMG]

^ Atrium with bubble lifts // fantastic views guaranteed

[​IMG]

^ Our Executive room on the 8th floor // with Executive Lounge access

[​IMG]

^ We were very pleased with the comfortable sofa and coffee table // elegant in many ways

[​IMG]

^ Complimentary Evian still water bottles @ 500ml each // excellent we found

Jimgotkp, rwoman and TRAVELSIG like this.
  3. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    [​IMG]
    ^ Large working // writing desk // big LCD TV with international channels

[​IMG]
    ^ We found a very elegant hotel // here in the Atrium with event set-up

[​IMG]
    ^ The Executive Lounge with key card access // medium sized, but very inviting

[​IMG]
    ^ Executive Lounge afternoon treats

[​IMG]
    ^ One of the many views from the 8th floor Executive Lounge

Jimgotkp likes this.
  4. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    [​IMG]
    ^ Another Hilton Paris-CDG atrium view with bubble lifts

[​IMG]
    ^ 8th floor view coming out of the lift

[​IMG]
    ^ Elegant light fixtures in the hotel // very nice touch

[​IMG]
    ^ Sneaked into the pool area // here the indoor swimming pool

[​IMG]
    ^ Here a zoomed in view from the Hilton Paris-CDG entrance // excellent in so many ways
    Thanks for appreciation and we hope you like it too?
    Many happy and safe travels! Glad to be on MP!

Gargoyle, Jimgotkp and rwoman like this.
  5. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    Great pics and review - thanks for sharing! :)

Gargoyle, JosephMay and uggboy like this.
  6. Navysuby3

Navysuby3 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Great pics and information, looks like a great hotel for aviation enthusiast to stay at and get some good photo's.

Gargoyle, goalie and uggboy like this.
  7. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Indeed it is!

Gargoyle and Navysuby3 like this.
  8. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for your kind compliments!:)

9. goalie
    Original Member

goalie Gold Member

Status Points:
    Agreed and I always stay there on my last night in Paris so my cousins don't have to schlepp me to the airport (and if I may add, very easy to get to when taking the RER where you can then either take a short walk to the hotel or take the hotel shuttle)

Gargoyle, Navysuby3 and uggboy like this.
  10. JennB
    Original Member

JennB Gold Member

Status Points:
    I am here right now and wish I was enjoying it as much as you guys did. My room smells smoky, the snacks in the lounge were blah and the noise from the hallway is a little much. I don't think the door stops the sound at all. There is a broken piece of trim that was just laying on the floor. Also, the internet speed is terrible. Oh well, only one night.

I am a loyal Hilton customer in the US but they just continue to disappoint me abroad.

uggboy and Gargoyle like this.