Hilton Palacio del Rio (San Antonio, TX) reviews

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by DAS02135, Mar 16, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. DAS02135
    Original Member

DAS02135 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I’ll stay here again in a heartbeat. Here are some of the facets I appreciated:

• Diamond benefits: “Continental Breakfast Certificates” which I put in quotes because they are valid for the full buffet as well as for any of the a la cart menu items, parking discount ($8 off valet, and $5 off self), 25% discount for the hotel restaurants, bars, and room service (only the Irish bar Durty Nelly’s and banquet catering are excluded), free local calls, and free high-speed internet.
    • Friendly and competent staff: I put this high on the list because it contrasts with the staff at the Grand Hyatt. I had many co-workers staying there, and many reported the customer service was horrible. This included issues with the front desk and restaurant. The only people co-workers spoke highly of were the bartenders!
    • Large, modern room: The room was big and appeared to have been renovated fairly recently. There was a long, large desk. The bathroom was also quite a bit larger than the hotels at which I’ve stayed recently.

Finally, something which was neither a plus nor a minus, but rather simply something new for me: The elevator system uses some sort of computer efficiency management system. The elevators have touchpads on which you select your floor to call an elevator. It will then assign you to a car.