Hilton Orlando

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by viguera, Sep 24, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    Just checked into this property tonight... so far so good, very nice and clean and extremely friendly staff.

The wife made the reservation for work since it's for a conference and the front desk folks said "sorry we're at 100% occupancy so we can't offer you any upgrades"

That changed when I had them switch the reservation to my name (since I'm Gold) and all of the sudden we had a lot of other options, including a room on the executive floor where we ended up.

The lounge looks very nice and spacious, but it only operates from 6am-8pm so I'm not sure about offerings.

The hotel is actually pretty enormous from what I can see... tons of conference space downstairs, connection to the Orlando Convention Center via a covered walkway and a gigantic kiddie pool with a lazy river and separate adult pool area and spa.

Not a bad place at all (so far).

Singapore Flyer, brfong and uggboy like this.
  2. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    Well after a couple of days I can say it's not a terrible property but your mileage might vary.

The lounge offers fairly standard "cold" fare for breakfast... no pancakes, waffles, bacon, eggs or anything of the sort, only bagels and toast, cereal boxes, some fruit and a few pastries (a couple of different muffins the times I've been there). That and coffee and tea bags, and that's about it.

They offer what they liberally call "hors d'oeuvres" from 5pm-7pm and an honor bar until 8pm, but otherwise don't expect to find much else in there.

The internet is "acceptable" for most things but disconnections are common, so you're better off bringing your own. Maybe it had something to do with the conference or what-not, but it was borderline decent when I tried to use it.

Other than that there's not much else to report... there are plenty of elevators and they're always fast. The lobby level has a café that is properly expensive but offers Starbucks coffee, gelato and snacks. There are plenty of food options, including pool-side service from a decent menu, a full sized casual restaurant on the lower level plus a steak-house in the lobby (dinner only).

I did get the pitch for the Hilton Vacations presentation (for the new resort over on International Drive). 27k HHonors points if I attend the 90 minute presentation... might go if I have nothing else to do. :)

It's not a bad hotel though... definitely good if you need to be in the area of the convention center.

uggboy, Mirror74 and Singapore Flyer like this.
  3. Singapore Flyer

Singapore Flyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    There is an amazing Japanese restaurant called Hanamizuki (sp?). very close by to the Ripley's museum. Go for lunch. The egg and scallion fried rice was sublime. Very similar to dishes I found in Tokyo. 95% of the clientele and all of the staff are
    Japanese. Proximity to the convention center helps.

Sent from my iPhone using milepoint

uggboy and viguera like this.