Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek - Master Thread

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by Horse, Aug 14, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Horse
    Original Member

Horse Gold Member

Status Points:
  2. Horse
    Original Member

Horse Gold Member

Status Points:
    Last week I had the pleasure of staying at the Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek. The past year I have stayed at 6 different Disney Deluxe hotels, but was disappointed every time. So this trip I decided to try an off-property resort. I know I made the right decision after my stay at the Hilton.

My reservation was for a room with a King size bed. Rate was $119+tx. The hotel is non-smoking. :) I was given complimentary upgrades to a high floor (15th of 18 floors) and a Pool View (Disney View). Also there was no charge for wireless and ethernet high-speed internet services. (I have Gold status for a point of reference)

This hotel gave the option of paying for eStandby upgrades when I booked the room. They also sent an email a few days prior to my arrival reminding me of available upgrades which could be purchased.

$5 High Floor Request, 11th Floor or Above
    $9 Pool View Request
    $15 King Bed, PURE Room
    $19 1 King Bed Disney View, PURE Room
    $19 Connecting Door Request
    $79 Waldorf Deluxe King, 448 sq. ft.
    $129 Waldorf Deluxe Suite w/ Balcony, 945 sq. ft.
    $139 Hilton Suite, 1,255 sq. ft.
    $199 Waldorf Luxury Suite, 1, 460 sq. ft.

I could easily see from my room Hollywood Studios (straight ahead), Epcot (to the right), and Animal Kingdom (to the left and the furthest away). I watched the nighttime Disney fireworks displays at Epcot and Hollywood Studios.

The Peter Thomas Roth toiletries smell fabulous! There is a mini fridge in the room. The only negative for me was that there is no balcony.

Housekeeping did an excellent job every day in keeping my room spotless. Turndown service was provided at night along with some special chocolates placed on my pillow. :)

019.JPG 022.JPG 023.JPG 024.JPG 025.JPG

3. Horse
    Original Member

Horse Gold Member

Status Points:
  4. Horse
    Original Member

Horse Gold Member

Status Points:
    015.JPG 016.JPG 017.JPG

Kaanapali, uggboy and Chimpy like this.
  5. Horse
    Original Member

Horse Gold Member

Status Points:
    026.JPG 029.JPG 031.JPG

6. Horse
    Original Member

Horse Gold Member

Status Points:
    Complimentary shuttle service is provided to Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Hollywood Studios, and Animal Kingdom parks. Also some service to Downtown Disney. NO direct service to the water parks.

The bus, which is operated by Mears, seats about 50-60 passengers and is like a regular charter bus. It is not like the Disney park buses. They play movies while you ride, so it keeps the kids on the bus quiet and entertained.

The bus goes to the Hilton first and then the Waldorf. If you are visiting during peak season for Disney, the bus may fill up. I recommend walking down to the Hilton to have a better chance of getting a seat during those times of the year.

Pickup and drop off locations:
    MK - TTC (Transportation and Ticket Center - must take monorail or boat to park entrance)
    EP - where all Disney and nonDisney buses, taxis lineup
    HS - where all Disney and nonDisney buses, taxis lineup
    AK - lot to the left of Disney bus lot near car parking lot

The shuttle schedule I posted was for the week I was there and may change. Be sure to check with the hotel for the most recent schedule.

Waldorf Hilton shuttle.jpg
    • Epcot® (2 miles)
    • Magic Kingdom® Park (6 miles)
    • Disney’s Hollywood Studios™ (3 miles)
    • Disney's Animal Kingdom® (6.5 miles)
    • Downtown Disney® Area (2.5 miles)
    019.jpg 020.jpg

7. Horse
    Original Member

Horse Gold Member

Status Points:
    I found the pool at the Hilton to be much nicer than the neighboring Waldorf. The zero-entry lagoon style pool looked lovely. The lazy river pool was popular, but never crowded during my stay. You can rent a floatie for $5/day, so make sure to bring your own. I heard they will blow them up for you. There is also a water slide.

At night, they show Dive-In movies on the giant TV screen. Peter Pan was showing one night.

Pool is open from 7AM till midnight. Plenty of towels, lounge chairs, and umbrellas. There is a poolside bar that serves lunch, dinner, and cocktails.

021.jpg 022.jpg

8. Horse
    Original Member

Horse Gold Member

Status Points:
    Breakfast was free every morning with the Great Getaway promotion that I booked.

Enjoyed the Two Farm Eggs the first morning. Turkey bacon and turkey sausage was available even though not on the menu.

The next day I tried the Chef's Breakfast Table (aka buffet) since I got there at opening. I usually avoid buffets, but since it had not been rifled through yet by the crowds, I decided to see how it was. Omelettes made to order, bagels with cream cheese and lox, home fries different than the regular menu, dried fruit, many fresh fruits choices, numerous bread and cereals, homemade poptarts were some items available.

The last day I ordered Crab Benedict. It was terrible. The manager was quick to offer a replacement and my waiter also insisted that I have something else and returned to the table several times to assure everything was better afterwards.

The staff at Harvest Bistro was great the three mornings I visited. I recommend eating there over any of the Disney restaurants.

018.jpg

9. Horse
    Original Member

Horse Gold Member

Status Points:
    During my stay, I visited the Waldorf Astoria Spa by Guerlain. The services I selected were:
    Swedish Massage 1hr
    Designed specifically to melt away stress
    and tension for complete well-being. This
    massage orchestrates every element to
    invoke the ultimate in relaxation.

Radiance Facial 1hr
    Achieve a fresh, clear, and radiant complexion in one hour with
    this deep cleansing coupled with the exclusive Guerlain facial
    massage and mask.

I also took advantage of the eucalyptus steam room, multijet shower, and jacuzzi. I was so relaxed after my spa morning that I could barely stay awake through dinner and had to call it a night earlier than I planned. I can't wait to return on my next trip!

The Hilton Bonnet Creek has a Passholder Perks program for 2011.
    • 20 percent discount off full-price spa treatments (Monday through Thursday) at Waldorf Astoria Spa by Guerlain*
    *Must present valid Annual Pass or Seasonal Pass for one of the following parks:Walt Disney World® Resort theme parks and water parks, SeaWorld Orlando, Aquatica, Universal Studios Florida, Universal's Islands of Adventure, Legoland Florida or Wet 'n Wild Orlando.

This program also has room discounts.

10. danimal
    Original Member

danimal Gold Member

Status Points:
    Nice review. I stayed there in March this year. We could not find the in room safe at first. It is in the left hand side (if facing the bed) night table.

Kaanapali, uggboy, Chimpy and 2 others like this.
  11. Horse
    Original Member

Horse Gold Member

Status Points:
    Never thought to look there. I corrected my post above. Thanks for the info!

danimal, Kaanapali, uggboy and 2 others like this.
  12. Horse
    Original Member

Horse Gold Member

Status Points:
  13. mht_flyer
    Original Member

mht_flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have a stay in Orlando in Nov, I looked at that property but it was kind of expensive.

I'm staying at Hampton inn Lake Buena Vista, not the best property but got a deluxe room around 80.00 a night.

If I could have gotten that great 119.00 rate you got I would have definitely chosen that property.

Kaanapali, uggboy and Horse like this.
  14. Sean Colahan
    Original Member

Sean Colahan Gold Member

Status Points:
    My wife and I just had an enjoyable stay at Bonney Creek. We were upgraded to a Disney view on a high floor. We could have been additionally upgraded to a suit if we had wanted to change rooms halfway through our stay, but we declined. Loved the lazy river pool. The drinks at the pool bar were a good value as they were not watered down at all. Ate at La Luce for dinner and had a fantastic meal. The service was great and the food perfect. Went to the lobby bar/lounge at the Waldorf for cocktails and desert after and enjoyed a fantastic jazz trip. Shuttle bus to EPCOT was nice in the morning, but at the end of the night, just decided to get a cab back to the resort as opposed to waiting for the resort shuttle...best $17 (fare+tip) as we were back at the hotel enjoying gin and tonics before. The sh uttle would have even arrived to pick us up at EPCOT. Only regret is that I wish I had self parked as opposed to valet because we didn't move the car between when we arrived and when we departed.

Kaanapali, uggboy and Horse like this.
  15. Horse
    Original Member

Horse Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes, with that price it was well worth booking the trip.

Next trip I was planning on trying La Luce and the lobby bar at the Waldorf. Both looked great. After reading your comments, I will be sure to go next time. Glad you both enjoyed your stay, too.

I tried Zeta Bar at the Hilton for cocktails my first night. The Cherry Mojito wasn't my thing, but I enjoyed the April in Paris. Stopped at the Waldorf's poolside Aquamarine for a Watermelon Mojito and the Maine Lobster and Shrimp wrap right before I left. Quite excellent.

16. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the amazing reviews and insights!:) I now wonder has anyone stayed at both properties or at the Waldorf Astoria too?

Kaanapali and Horse like this.
  17. Kaanapali
    Original Member

Kaanapali Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for all the great photos and reviews Horse :) Will be looking into this hotel for a December stay ;)

Horse and uggboy like this.
  18. Horse
    Original Member

Horse Gold Member

Status Points:
    DSC00030.JPG DSC00021.JPG
    Disney view room with King bed

19. Horse
    Original Member

Horse Gold Member

Status Points:
    DSC00391.JPG DSC00394.JPG
    Disney view room with 2 Queen beds

20. Horse
    Original Member

Horse Gold Member

Status Points:
    Was kindly upgraded again to a Disney view room on a high floor for my December '12 stay. Some items changed on La Luce's dinner and Harvest Bistro's breakfast menus. Enjoyed my meals at both places.

Princess Fiona likes this.