Hilton Newark/Fremont California

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by LIH Prem, Dec 8, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. LIH Prem
    Original Member

LIH Prem Gold Member

I have no status (Silver) at Hilton and I'm staying here as part of a gold challenge.

Unless you need to be in this area, there's really nothing remarkable about this hotel. It's not terrible, and it's not great either. I was "upgraded" to an executive level room, but not given lounge access since I have no status with HHonors (I have Silver status via the no-fee Amex credit card, which is pretty much the same as no status.) The room has two bottles of complimentary Crystal Geyser water. (I'm assuming they are complimentary, not knowing the Hilton brand standard and not seeing a price tag on the water bottles.)

When I arrived, the FDC told me that the internet was not working but somebody from AT&T was here repairing it. About 90 minutes later, it started working.

The heater unit works, and it's nice and cozy near the heater unit where the thermostat is, but it's cold in the rest of the room. It's been very cold for Northern California this week.

The room has two bottles of complimentary Crystal Geyser water.

It's a full service property with a restaurant and bar and small sundry shop downstairs on the lobby level. Parking is free, as is customary at all hotels in this area.

I would not go out of my way to stay here again. Nothing terribly wrong with it, but the location for me is not very good and the traffic between here and Santa Clara is terrible. IMO, the nearby W Silicon Valley is a much nicer property with similar corporate rates. There's several other Hilton brand properties closer to the office in Santa Clara.

Tomorrow night I will try the Doubletree near SJC.

uggboy, Toula, dmel and 3 others like this.
  2. adexpert
    Original Member

adexpert Silver Member

Stayed here a few times. Couple things to add:

• The lounge is only open from 5PM - 8PM every night. They gave me (Diamond) a ticket for two free drinks. They also have a few assorted finger food/appetizer type things out.
    • Diamond I got a ticket for breakfast - didn't try it.
    • There's a Starbucks across the street - walkable.
    • The front desk folks are super friendly - noticeably so in the times I've been here.
    LIH Prem and uggboy like this.
  3. particlemn

particlemn Silver Member

stayed here on last Sat night. I am HH Gold. We checked in about 11:00 am on saturday, room was ready and was upgraded to exec floor (7) Loung was closed Fri and Sat bu was given two tickets for free drink(beer and wine) + appitizer in bar and two free full breakfast coupons. the staff at this hotel is friendly and professional. We used the drink coupons inthe resterant and they let us sub the appitizer for a sunday for our son( i did not ask they offered after i declined the app and ordered the ice cream for the boy). this is our second trip to this property and for the price (80 AAA rate) you would be hard pressed to beat it.