Hilton New York Midtown

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by sendaiben, Feb 26, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. sendaiben
    Original Member

sendaiben Gold Member

Status Points:
    Had a one-night stay in February 2014 with my wife. The hotel is pretty big and had a couple of conventions going on while we were there. I am a Hilton Gold member.

The good:
    • we arrived early and were able to drop off luggage until a room opened up at 14:00 (still before the official check-in time of 15:00)
    • staff were mostly friendly and professional
    • we were able to book tickets for a musical that night through the hotel
    • we received an upgrade to the executive floor (although room was still fairly small I suspect this is a NYC thing and our original room was probably smaller)
    • lounge access including a decent continental breakfast and okay coffee
    • we received a late checkout at 15:00 (normal time 12:00)
    • the gym is large with many cardio machines and a decent selection of dumbbells and equipment
    • easy walk from the E train (straight to JFK airport)
    The bad:
    • no toothbrush or similar toiletries in room
    • some staff interactions were not as polite as I would hope for
    • cleaning staff barged into our room repeatedly in the morning -clearly better communication between the front desk and cleaning with regards to checkout times would help
    • no barbells in the gym
    • traffic noise loud, even on the 36th floor
    • hallways and rooms somewhat dated and worn (refurbishments are apparently underway)
    Overall:

This was a perfectly pleasant hotel in a good location. The price was more reasonable than similar properties in the area. Not a perfect stay, but I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

uggboy and Sammich like this.
  2. Seacarl
    Original Member

Seacarl Gold Member

Status Points:
    I thought the executive lounge breakfast was fairly weak. My recollection is that there weren't any protein items other than yogurt, and that it was heavy on carbs.

3. sendaiben
    Original Member

sendaiben Gold Member

Status Points:
    Pretty much. They had hard-boiled eggs too, but I'm not a fan. It was pretty much all carbs (fine for a couple of days on holiday but I wouldn't want to eat it every day) :)

4. slalom

slalom Silver Member

Status Points:
    Anyone stay in the "newly redesigned" executive level yet? Have they added any perks?