Hilton Narita Toyko Airport

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by KLA, Feb 16, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. KLA
    Original Member

KLA Silver Member

Status Points:
    I recently had a great stay at the Hilton Tokyo Narita Airport Hotel during an overnight layover to Hong Kong.

I chose the Hilton because they had a $100 cancellable rate and airport shuttle. Later as I was reading the reviews on TripAdvisor, which mentioned lack of cleanliness and airport shuttles that took up to an hour to appear, I began to be nervous. I kept the reservation and hoped my status as a diamond would ensure decent treatment.

I emailed the hotel in advance and asked for the shuttle schedule – from 11-4 the shuttles only run once an hour, during rush hour they run every 20 min. We landed at 3:25 and made it through immigration and customs quickly, arriving just in time for the 3:50 shuttle. The driver didn’t speak much English, but we had no trouble finding the right shuttle and boarding.

We arrived at the hotel about 15 min later and received a warm welcome at check-in. I had been afraid they would charge me the extra $50 for an additional occupant (despite HHonors rules stating that spouses stay free), but had no problem. As a diamond I had been upgraded from the basic room to the 16th floor with a view (out of 18 floors) and received passes to the health club and free continental breakfast in the restaurant.

Our room was nice and featured a great view of the airport, although the surrounding countryside was not much to look at this time of year. The furnishings were basic but comfortable and included a desk and lounge chair with ottoman. The bathroom looked from another decade but was very clean and featured the full array of La Source amenities including toothbrush, razor, comb, etc. In the closet we had our choice of traditional bathrobes or Japanese robes. The minibar had a decent selection and the prices were typical but not terrible -- $4 for a soda, $8 for a beer.

The hotel features several stores among them an AM PM convenience store. They offer a full selection of reasonably priced beer, liquor, soda, and juice, as well as snack foods, prepared salads, breakfast food and sushi.

We crashed by 5:30PM, so we didn’t try any of the restaurants or check out the gym. We did go down to breakfast the next morning. The attendant said we could help ourselves to anything on the buffet even though our ticket said we were limited to the bread and cold bar. They offered typical eggs/bacon/tomatoes options as well as a chef prepared omelette. The cold bar had meats and cheeses and salad fixings. The bread bar offered waffles and the usual toast and pastries. Service was quick and friendly.

Check out went very smoothly and an attendant came by during the process to take our bags to the shuttle. The shuttle left promptly and it took less than 10 minutes to get to the terminal.

Overall our stay was great, and if we need to overnight near the airport again I would definitely stay here.
    SDC11968.JPG SDC11969.JPG SDC11970.JPG

gleff and gemac like this.
  2. JDiver
    Original Member

JDiver Silver Member

Status Points:
    The Hilton Narita is a decent hotel, and can be had for reasonable prices. They have the shuttle bus to / from the airport, and shuttles into Narita Shi, which for someone on a layover who doesn't want to bother going to Tokyo can be a nice trip. Check the restaurants, the temple extensive grounds on Ometesando. Some VIP status members get chits for breakfast, and they usually allow using the entire buffet and not merely the Continental items - the pool and gym are available, but the pool is not available if you have tattoos (in Japan, it's been largely Yakuza, AKA the Mob, who wear tats).