Hilton Munich City Review

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by HiIslands, Dec 18, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. HiIslands
    Original Member

HiIslands Silver Member

The Hilton Munich City is located at the Rosenheimer Platz S-Bahn stop so you can get there easily, without changing trains, from either the airport or city center. It's in a nice neighborhood with lots of excellent restaurants. It's also an easy fifteen minute walk to the historic center of Munich.

I was very impressed with the staff. They went out of their way to make certain our stay was a good one. The hotel rooms were overly warm, even in November, and they helped us move to a room that was in a quiet location so we could open the windows. They also provided us with a fan. The pleasant, helpful attitude of the staff is probably this hotel's greatest asset.

As Hilton Diamond members, we were upgraded in both room class and also to a club floor. The executive lounge is quite good, with a wide range of food and beverage offerings. I think it's worth the money to book an executive floor if you don't have elite status with Hilton.

I am troubled that a large hotel with such excellent attributes has such significant trouble with its ventilation system. The staff that I talked to were all familiar with the problem. Apparently it requires a major project to remedy the situation. Although the staff went out of their way to mitigate the problem, it did not completely resolve it. Consequently, I would be certain to book a room facing the courtyard and not the street. You will need to open the windows and the street is quite busy.
    DAS02135 and uggboy like this.
  2. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

isn't there a Hilton Munich city center thread already?
    uggboy likes this.