Hilton Montreal Bonaventure sold - leaving Hilton

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by mtlfire, Feb 3, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. mtlfire

mtlfire Gold Member

Status Points:
    A local hotel and one I enjoyed staying at, it was sold and according to the news once the sale is completed it will be leaving the Hilton chain. This will leave Montreal without a full service Hilton.

Couldn't find an english link, but here it is in french:

L’hôtel Hilton Montréal Bonaventure aura finalement un nouveau propriétaire. SilverBirch Hôtel & Resorts s’apprête à céder le contrôle de l’établissement au groupe Kejja, propriété de l’hôtelier Claude Chan, qui est actionnaire de l’hôtel Le Concorde, à Québec.

B1BomberVB, LarryInNYC and uggboy like this.
  2. LarryInNYC

LarryInNYC Gold Member

Status Points:
    Curses. I have a booking there fore early April during which I was counting on Gold breakfast and internet.

uggboy likes this.
  3. mtlfire

mtlfire Gold Member

Status Points:
    Might still be a Hilton in April, sales don't always close that quickly. And I imagine you can't just walk out of a Hilton agreement overnight.

4. LarryInNYC

LarryInNYC Gold Member

Status Points:
    Well, I found your post because I was searching for information about the hotel after being unable to find it on the Hilton site. So it looks like Hilton is disavowing all knowledge of its existence.

I'll try explaining politely when I arrive I booked the hotel largely because of the Hilton benefits I was expecting to receive but I doubt they'll have any flexibility in given me the free breakfast (which is what I'm really interested in).

5. mtlfire

mtlfire Gold Member

Status Points:
    You're right, even for a stay tomorrow its no longer listed.