Hilton Molino Stucky Venice Hotel

Discussion in 'Europe' started by SuperKirby, Mar 22, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. SuperKirby

SuperKirby Gold Member

Status Points:
    After seriously considering the SPG or Marriott hotel, we ended up booking a stay at the Hilton instead since our friends are getting a room there.

Does anyone know how easy is it to use the Alilaguna Linea Blu line from VCE airport to Molino Stucky? How many transfers? I think it's about 15 euro a person.

On another hand, I was thinking of using this: http://www.viator.com/tours/Venice/V...-2495VENAPTHTL
    It's approx. 30 euro a person.

I definitely don't mind paying 30 euro a person for the viator taxi if it's super convenient however, if it's pretty much the same thing as the Alilaguna then I'd be wasting my money. Any suggestions?

2. LarryInNYC

LarryInNYC Gold Member

Status Points:
    30 Euros is a reasonable deal, but this service won't get you to your hotel, which is on Giudecca. You'd have to go to one of several stops and transfer to a regular Vaperetto or to a hotel-provided shuttle. A quick peek at the hotel's site indicates that their shuttle will get you from San Marco. You should probably seek some information as to the dependability of the shuttle from folks who've used it.

The Aliglaguna service does take you directly to the Hilton, or at least a stop named Giudecca Hilton.

You can also take a bus from the airport to Piazzale Roma and then take a vaporetto to your hotel, although for me much of the fun of arriving in Venice is doing so by boat.

SuperKirby likes this.
  3. SuperKirby

SuperKirby Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks @LarryInNYC

What gets me a little confused is the hotel website says:
    My guess is that the website isn't updated yet? So if the Alilaguna takes me directly from the airport to Hilton without a transfer then this would be the way to go compared to my other option.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2014
  4. newbluesea
    Original Member

newbluesea Gold Member

Status Points:
    Never could quite understand why one would want to go through so much machinations (and end up spending 2-3 hours in the process) in what might save a few euros.
    Take the airport bus to P. Roma walk over and take a water taxi directly to your hotel its about 60 Euro for the trip no matter how many pax ( well I suppose up to 5 or 6)
    so two people you are already better off
    The boat operator will ask if you want to take the scenic or the quickest route... sit back and enjoy the trip/view rather that jostle with luggage on an often crowded vaporetto.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2014
    SuperKirby, brucewil and Paolo Scuri like this.
  5. LarryInNYC

LarryInNYC Gold Member

Status Points:
    I would not assume that the Alilaguna drops you at the hotel shuttle's landing in front of the hotel. It may well drop you off at the nearest vaporetto stop. I believe that Daraius and Emily from Million Mile Secrets have a fairly recent blog about the Hilton including information about the shuttle and the vaporetto -- and I have a vague recollection that the vaporetto stop near the hotel is not necessarily at the hotel. Even short walks in Venice can involve navigating several sets of stairs (at the frequent bridges) which can be difficult if you're transporting bags.

If the Alilaguna takes you to, or close enough to, the hotel that is certainly your easiest transfer -- one ride from the airport to the hotel. Otherwise you can take a boat to Zattere or San Marco and get the shuttle, or a bus to Piazzale Roma and a vaporetto from there.

SuperKirby likes this.
  6. SuperKirby

SuperKirby Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks, all!

7. SuperKirby

SuperKirby Gold Member

Status Points:
    So I called Molino Stucky's Concierge and they told me the Alilaguna Molino Stucky stop is literally 10 meters away from the front door of the hotel. No transfers and a straight shot (albeit a long ride) seems like the better deal to me. I have plenty of days in Venice to go on other boat tours and sightseeing - luggage free!
    Thanks for everyone's insight, info, & help.

8. ChrisUNC

ChrisUNC Silver Member

Status Points:
    When will you be in Venice? I'll be there April 16 - 20, also staying at the Hilton Molino Stucky. I've been there a couple times and find the the water taxi to be the best option. It's more expensive, but well worth it for the convenience.

9. SuperKirby

SuperKirby Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks.
    I've there now from April 7-11. Venice is a lovely place! And the rooftop view from Molino Stucky is great. Are there any other rooftop hangouts in Venice?