Hilton Milwaukee City Center

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by Exiled in Express, Mar 20, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Exiled in Express
    Original Member

Exiled in Express Gold Member

Status Points:
    the link: http://www1.hilton.com/en_US/hi/hotel/MKEMHHF-Hilton-Milwaukee-City-Center-Wisconsin/index.do

the address: 509 W Wisconsin Ave, Milwaukee WI 53203

the review: I have stayed here several times and found the property to be pleasant and well located. All stays have been Priceline bids, no points awarded for room or incidentals. This property is a fairly safe bet for opaque bidding as it has several hundred rooms.

The hotel is a remnant of a time of grand downtown hotels and the lobby and public areas reflect this charm. The guest rooms are larger and have been remodeled well, rivaling new build for amenities and function. No slow elevators, spotty hot water, or noisy rooms here. Windows are lacking in size and view but otherwise the rooms exceed expectations.

Playing to the hotel's size it has several meeting areas/ballrooms that are quite active throughout the week. There is both a steak house and casual dining restaurant, MIller Time Pub. The pub does a decent burger menu and offers up a wide selection of Miller family drafts, attracts locals as well as guests. Additionally there is a waterpark on the property but this is well segregated so the chlorine odor and wet children are not a problem.

Location is convenient for downtown business and outings as well as the summer festivals by longer walk of shuttle bus. Amtrak station is an easy and safe 6 block walk, airport is $25 taxi or a direct city bus from the back door.

Tenmoc and sobore like this.
  2. techguru
    Original Member

techguru Silver Member

Status Points:
    Not a bad property -- I prefer the Inter-Continental as an RA. The steakhouse was just "okay" that is there. Breakfast in the lounge as nothing special. Rooms have furniture similar to a Ritz -- GM is a nice guy. I like that there is a Starbucks in the building.

3. Billiken
    Original Member

Billiken Silver Member

Status Points:
    I like the property....except for paying to park a car.

4. Chicago Paladin

Chicago Paladin Active Member

Status Points:
    We stayed here a few months ago to check out the water park with our 1.5 year old. The hotel is dated but grand. We had a nice slightly larger corner room - so no complaints. Check in took forever, no honors line, but there were just a crazy amount of people checking in on a Saturday and maybe 2 people at the front desk.

The water park - pretty crazy to have an indoor water park attached to a hilton - the place was nutso, but if you have a kid, hey, its a good thing to have in the dead of a midwest winter. I'd say the water park at the timber ridge in Lake Geneva is better, but unless you have kids or are a kid, run! :)