Hilton Milan

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by msv, Mar 14, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. msv
    Original Member

msv Gold Member

Status Points:
    Did a 2 night award stay in early March and was very pleased. Front desk very efficient and was able to get in my room at 10:30 am after my overnight flight. I'm Hilton Gold and got an average sized room that backed up to a courtyard (some rooms appeared to be rather large based on the hotel maps). The room was extremely quiet all night. Easy walk from the Central train station so between the trains and metro you could get anywhere easily. The food was great and available from 7 am until late evening in the lounge which had both indoor and outdoor seating. Great selection all day long (loved the mini chocolates and cream puffs in the afternoon) and free adult beverages with a great selection of hot and cold finger food in the evening. Service in the executive lounge was very attentive too. I'd highly recommend this hotel.

TRAVELSIG and Wurm like this.
  2. Wurm
    Original Member

Wurm Silver Member

Status Points:
    As msv stated, the hotel is just around the corner from the Centrale station. This is where the nonstop buses and trains to and from MXP arrive and depart from - therefore, take the bus and do NOT take the airport express train (the train runs to a different station, Cadorna, which is about seven or eight Metro stops from the Hilton. (corrected information below)

On my last stay (several years ago) I was upgraded as a base HHonors member to the Club floor (the hotel was not too busy in August). I also agree on the lack of noise, even though I had a street-facing room,

3. ssullivan
    Original Member

ssullivan Gold Member

Status Points:
    We stayed there last weekend and were pretty happy with it. It's not the nicest or newest Hilton, but the property is well maintained, quiet, clean, and comfortable. We had two rooms booked, and they were able to get us checked into both when we arrived at around 10:30 AM after our flight over from EWR. The location near the central train station is very convenient.

The front desk apologized that our rooms were a little small, but they really were fine. The front desk sent an Internet access code to my room for each day of the stay shortly after we checked in, and the wired Internet in the room was rather fast. On the first evening they also sent up a large bottle of mineral water and a plate of whole fruit, which we snacked on throughout the weekend. Lounge access was also available, although, we never used it.

On our second night we stopped by the concierge desk to ask for a restaurant recommendation for dinner. The concierge referred us to Restaurant Limone, a few blocks away, and made us a reservation. It turned out to be an excellent suggestion, with very good food and outstanding service. That suggestion from the hotel resulted in one of the more memorable things we did during our trip.

I wouldn't hesitate to book another award stay at this hotel. It's not perfect, and I'm sure there are other hotels in Milan that are more modern in their decor. However, there really was nothing for us to complain about, and the service from the staff at the hotel was quite good.

Wurm likes this.
  4. ssullivan
    Original Member

ssullivan Gold Member

Status Points:
    There is an airport express train to Centrale too. We took it, not a bus.

Wurm likes this.
  5. Wurm
    Original Member

Wurm Silver Member

Status Points:
    Ah, I wasn't aware of that - did the Centrale train leave directly from the airport, or did you have to take a bus from T1 (or T2) to the Gallarate train station?

6. ssullivan
    Original Member

ssullivan Gold Member

Status Points:
    Direct from the airport to Centrale, with only a couple of stops along the way. It is marketed as the Malpensa Express, just as the trains to Cadorna are.

Wurm likes this.
  7. Wurm
    Original Member

Wurm Silver Member

Status Points:
    ssullivan - it's a pleasure to be corrected :D (especially when the reason is such good news).
    From Googling around, apparently the direct-to-Centrale train service began last September. Also from Google, marketing and labeling aside, the service is run by Trenitalia (the national reairoad system), not the local entity that runs the Cadorna service. Not only is the run to Centrale cheaper than the Cadorna service, the Trenitalia factor means that one can travel from Malpensa to say, Venice, on a single ticket.

Thanks again for the info!

8. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks msv for posting. I have stayed at this hotel a few times, and also been to several meetings here. It is a good business hotel with nice professional staff team- the location is convenient to the train station, however the area is not that super at night. I would recommend to stay here for work- if visiting Milano for pleasure my strong recommendation is to find something closer to the Duomo/Via Montenapoleone or Corso Buenos Aires/Porta Venezia.

9. msv
    Original Member

msv Gold Member

Status Points:
    I took the bus based on this original post and found out the train from the airport did stop there. The bus wasn't a great way to arrive although I did save a few euros.