Review Hilton McLean Tysons Corner | Virginia

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by DAS02135, Feb 23, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. DAS02135
    Original Member

DAS02135 Gold Member

Status Points:
    McLean is about 15 miles outside of DC, and it is about at the halfway point between National airport and Dulles airport. And, when weather starts cancelling a lot of flights out of DC, it's often one of the closest places to either airport to have rooms available at or under the government rate.

Here are my impressions from several one-night stay during 2012 and 2013 as a diamond member:

Status benefits: There is no lounge. Diamond members get a coupon for a free item off the lounge menu (excluding the hamburger and two other items) as well as a soft drink to go with it. This can easily be a light-medium dinner, as it includes all the flatbreads, salads, brisket sandwich, etc. Diamonds also got a coupon for continental breakfast in the restaurant. This includes everything except the hot items. You can upgrade to the full buffet for $6-8. I have never received an upgraded (even during low occupancy times when better rooms have been available).

Room: While I’ve never received a room upgrade, all the rooms I’ve stayed in have been large and appear to have been renovated recently. This hotel also has a few room types I’ve never seen before, including one with an elliptical cardio machine in it. It takes away all excuses to not work out!

Parking: Parking is free, and there is a lot of it. If you do not find a space in front of the building, there is a lot more parking behind it. Depending on where you turn in, this is not clear though.

Kalboz, iolaire and uggboy like this.
  2. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

Status Points:
    It is the site for the next month's FTU, thanks for the information! :)

If there is no lounge, what do they mean by "Executive Level Room"? What makes if different from -say- a regular room?

Golds get any benefits here?
    [​IMG]