Hilton Maldives Iru Fushi Resort & Spa

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by ScreenGuy, Feb 21, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. I will be going to the Hilton Maldives shortly for a week and a half stay in a deluxe beach villa. I have read many reviews on trip advisor and the thread on FT so am pretty familiar with what to expect from the resort. I did have a few questions that I was hoping someone could answer:

- Do the DVD players in the room support region 1 DVDs?
    - For a deluxe beach villa, what is the best side of the island / room numbers to ask for? I've heard they are constantly restoring the sand levels (moving slowly around the island) and want to avoid this if possible, so recent experience would be great.
    - In your opinion, what's the best free excursion to take (I'm HH Gold)
    - Anyone have any specific comments on anything to bring/not to bring (something along the lines of 'I wish I would have brought xxxxx' or 'I brought xxxxx but really didn't need it')?

p.s. I'll post a trip report once I return if someone hasn't done one already by that time.

2. Bigcountry
    Original Member

Bigcountry Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm at Hilton Conrad Maldives as we speak so some of my answers may not apply to Iru Fushi.

I wish I would have brought some clothes in my carry on as my luggage was lost for 3 days and the prices for clothing at the gift shop are OUTRAGEOUS.

3. 2wheels

2wheels Silver Member

Status Points:
    Did you end up going? I'd like to see a trip report as I am currently planning my honeymoon, and the property is near the top of my list.

4. Putra

Putra Silver Member

Status Points:
    Any recent trip done by our members? I need to hear opinion as I am waiting Hilton to release Up to 40% discount before I booked through cash rates.

5. rosscoe68

rosscoe68 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Add me to that list looking for feed back :)

Putra likes this.
  6. 90secondtravels

90secondtravels New Member

Status Points:
    a very good video tour of the horizon water villa at the resort.

mtlfire likes this.