Hilton Madrid Airport

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by Muerl, Jan 16, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Muerl
    Original Member

Muerl Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have my Spainair flights to Madrid finally coming up, I booked at the very end of the window in March, and was thinking about staying at the Hilton.

I saw positive notes about Diamond's (I'm a Gold) recognition here, and the price seems VERY reasonable (~$100 USD) given the likely hood of lounge Access and the free breakfast.

Does anyone have experience at the property? Is it hard to get into town from here? (There seems to be a fast train from the airport and a shuttle to the hotel)

Any opinions? Debating booking it tomorrow for the super weekend deal for the extra 2500 points through facebook plus the q1 bonus etc.

uggboy likes this.
  2. len222

len222 Active Member

Status Points:
    I stayed at the Hilton Madrid Airport hotel last September on points. We were at the end of a 2-week vacation and just needed a place in Madrid to stay overnight before catching our flight home.

The hotel's architecture is spectacular. The staff are very friendly and the executive lounge is comfortable with all of the snacks and drinks you'd want. Breakfast buffet was also excellent. We got upgraded rooms (on 4th floor, I think) and they were above average.

We had dinner at the lobby restaurant and paused at first because the prices were relatively high. However, the food and service quality were excellent and we didn't regret eating there.

We didn't go back into town from the hotel but they told us it was a relatively short taxi ride.

All in all, this was a great hotel and you'll enjoy it.

uggboy likes this.
  3. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Ditto, a most fantastic hotel, a great lounge, beautiful rooms especially the relaxation rooms which come with a jacuzzi bathtub! Highly recommended, and yes, the food quality is outstanding too! Not very far from Madrid, a short comfortable taxi ride, overall, go for it! We enjoyed our stay to 100%!

4. ab3i
    Original Member

ab3i Silver Member

Status Points:
    I stayed at the hotel last summer, and i think it is an amazing property (especially considering its an airport hotel). The shuttle service to/from the airport is frequent and comfortable, and the Madrid metro station is about a 5-10 minute walk away, and it was very convenient to get to different places within the city.