Hilton Los Angeles Airport

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by Dozer, Nov 29, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Dozer

Dozer Silver Member

Status Points:
    The Hilton Los Angeles Airport is a fantastic stay and I would definitely recommend it to anyone needing a hotel near the LAX gateway. The Hilton Los Angeles Airport is located on Century Blvd., just two blocks from the entrance to LAX. Complimentary shuttle service is provided to/from LAX with shuttles running every 15 minutes. Though parts of the hotel appear a little dated (pool and elevators), the majority of the hotel including the lobby, rooms and fitness center are all new, modern and well appointed.

The valet is located in front of the hotel and self-park is located underground. The entrance to the self-park garage is located just west of the hotel and offers both short term and long term, covered airport parking.

Once parked, you enter the hotel through the grand lobby to the reception desks. There are several dedicated agents and the check in process was fairly quick and efficient. HHonors members can also check in/out using the dedicated HHonors members lane or up on the 16thfloor at the Executive Lounge.

On this trip, I was given room 1774, which is a standard king room on the top floor of the hotel. The room was spacious, beautiful and well appointed with a comfortable king size bed, flat screen television, desk, security safe and a large window with views of the airplanes coming in for arrival at LAX. The bathroom was a little on the small side with a sink, toilet and shower/tub combo. Peter Thomas Roth products are provided in the bathrooms.

Other hotel amenities include a pool/Jacuzzi area and fitness center. The pool is located on the third floor and is nothing spectacular. The fitness center, on the other hand, is amazing. For a hotel gym, this is one of the best in-house, fitness centers that I have ever visited. It’s a good size and has a separate cardio room with state of the art equipment. There are plenty of free weights and an array of machines and benches for you to use. The only minor complaint is that the fitness center is located on the lower lobby with no windows or views to the outside world. Though spacious, this can make the place seem a little “dungeon ish” and claustrophobic.

The Executive Lounge is located on the 16th floor. The lounge is open from 6:00 AM to 9:00 PM. The lounge is nice with a complimentary selection of snacks, pastries and coffee throughout the day. There’s plenty of great plane spotting as the lounge looks onto two of the runways at LAX. A continental breakfast spread is served between 6:00 AM and 10:00 AM and an evening reception is held between 5:00 PM and 7:00 PM. Dessert is served from 7:00 PM and 9:00 PM.

On this trip, I took advantage of both the breakfast and evening receptions and they were fantastic! Breakfast included a selection fresh fruit, pastries, yogurt, toasts, cereal, hardboiled eggs, juice, milk and coffee. There were no hot items but everything provided was fresh and tasty. The evening reception was plentiful also with a spread of veggie sticks/ranch, fresh fruit, pastries and hot dishes including meatballs and potstickers.

If you’re in town visiting and you have a few hours to kill, you can hop on the Ocean Express. For $5, the trolley will take you from the hotel to Santa Monica for dinner or some relaxation by the beach. The hotel also has a contract with a local golf course to provide you with some complimentary golf clubs and a bucket of balls to hit at the driving range. I’m not much of a golfer so I didn’t take advantage of this.

Overall, the Hilton Los Angeles Airport is a great stay and I would recommend it to anyone. It’s perfect for locals who need a place to stay before an early flight or those with a quick stopover in Los Angeles.

http://pursuedadventures.com/hotel-review-hilton-los-angeles-airport/

2. MX

MX Gold Member

Status Points:
  3. KENNECTED
    Original Member

KENNECTED Silver Member

Status Points:
    I haven't stayed here in years. they do have nice suites. Especially the rooms on the executive level. The property did have a HUGE gym, 24 hour fitness. Other than a nice lobby, it's an average hilton.

4. Dozer

Dozer Silver Member

Status Points:
    Did you actually read through this registry? I would argue that two allegations in three years would not qualify as "extensive" and one of the complaints was found to be invalid. I wouldn't put too much weight on that registry as there is no way to validate the anonymous complaints. I don't know if they have a bedbug problem or not but I didn't have any issues. I had a great experience there and I would recommend it to anyone.

5. MX

MX Gold Member

Status Points:
    I appreciate your report and fully understood that you and many others had a good uneventful experience at that Hilton. However, if you're trying to conclude from your single visit, that the risk of taking home a bedbug must now be ignored, that's weak.
    One should be encouraged to look at all reports, and gauge their validity and implied risk for themselves.

6. flynow

flynow Silver Member

Status Points:
    I agree with AMEX!!!

7. KENNECTED
    Original Member

KENNECTED Silver Member

Status Points:
    NO disrespect, but are these paid reviews? The way it's (and a few others i've read) come across like Advetrorials instead of unbiased blog postings.

8. Dozer

Dozer Silver Member

Status Points:
    Ken, you and I both know that these are not paid reviews. No need to get snarky. These are my own personal reviews. If I enjoyed my visit, then obviously my own personal bias will be reflected in my post. No review or post on here by anyone is ever going to be completely unbiased. Every review is going to be influenced by our own personal experiences. If you disagree with my review, that's what the comments sections are for. We are all entitled to our own opinions and these are mine. You have contradicted several of my posts and I have not disagreed with you or argued with you because those are your opinions. You are entitled to them and I have respected them. Why can't you do the same?

9. KENNECTED
    Original Member

KENNECTED Silver Member

Status Points:
    1. I don't not know, nor did I want to assume, if your reviews are paid or not, which is why I asked.
    2. I'm not being snarky, I asked a question. That is why I started with "NO disrespect". If I don't know something I ask the source. My question was not meant to be molicious.
    3. Argue? I want aware we were arguing or my comments/opinions warranted an argument.
    4. I've only disagreed with one post, the Conrad Miami post.
    5. I realize that we can each stay at the same property and come away with completely different experiences.
    6. Where have I not respected you? I do not understand how asking you a question is "disrespectful".

10. strangevine

strangevine Silver Member

Status Points:
    Agree with this comment. I stayed here a couple of months ago. As a diamond member, i wasn't upgraded or given a room on the executive floor. While the restaurant and lobby were well-appointed, the food left more to be desired. The hotel was clean; the staff was nice; there was nothing wrong with the hotel per se. But nothing blew me away at the same time.

11. Bill Hunt

Bill Hunt Silver Member

Status Points:
    Last time that we stayed there, all was good, except that we saw several guys in tight leather lederhosen, with nothing else, in the VIP Lounge. All had nipple clamps, with long chains. That seemed a tad odd. We then went to dinner in the lobby's Italian restaurant, and had a table looking out on the lobby. My wife had to take a call from one of Sisters, in the order that owns many of her hospitals. She stepped into the lobby, as about 20 guys in leather shorts slithered down the spiral staircase, followed by a "Mae West" look-alike with a whip. The press were in great attendance, at the foot of that stairway. They, and about 1,000 others, were there for something called Dom-Con. My wife had to cut her phone call short.

Now, we are from New Orleans, so not THAT much shocks us, but Dom-Con was something else. Check the dates, to make sure that you are not there (or maybe ARE there) during Dom-Con...

12. KENNECTED
    Original Member

KENNECTED Silver Member

Status Points:
    What has that got to do with your actual hotel stay? The way that you wrote that it's as if you have a bias against the convention and the attire of those in attendance. If they were Latino, Black, Women or Gay what does it matter? I'm only asking since you put it out there.

Bill Hunt likes this.
  13. james horne

james horne Active Member

Status Points:
    For the record, I see no bias in Bill's report and I do find it informative. He appears to have reported very factually and without bias, the events that transpired. I am considering a stay at this hotel or some others nearby and personally, I would prefer not to spend a night in the type of environment Bill describes. Others may not mind at all and may even find that an attraction. To each his own. We can all have our preferences. Why do you insert race into the equation and then say that he put it out there? He never mentioned race at all. You brought that up.

14. KENNECTED
    Original Member

KENNECTED Silver Member

Status Points:
    What does the activities of a convention have to do with the running of the property? That's what I'm asking. I also asked would it be different if the attendees were Black, Latin, Women or Gay. What "type of environment" is that?? So a leather convention was on site during the stay, whats the big deal? Would you all make the same report if it were a bunch of MP members? That's all I'm asking. If this group had caused a problem with vandalism or caused a riot, that would be noteworthy to me.

15. james horne

james horne Active Member

Status Points:
    Quoting from your last comment: "I also asked would it be different if the attendees were Black, Latin, Women or Gay."

No, that is not what you said. You said, and I quote from your original comment: " If they were Latino, Black, Women or Gay what does it matter? I'm only asking since you put it out there."

I pointed out that Bill Hunt had not mentioned anything of the sort and that your accusations were false in saying that he had "...put it out there."

I get that you don't care. Fine. I do and I suspect others do as well. You are entitled to your indifference as much as I am entitled to care.

Personally, since I plan to have my young daughter with me, I would not want to expose her to the type of environment that was described, nor would I find that in any way appealing. Of course, I assume that this convention was, more or less a one time thing or maybe an occasional affair. Therefore, I would not make any assumption that this is a normal or even frequent occurrence. But, I did find the comments interesting and worth considering. If you don't, that is your prerogative.

16. Bill Hunt

Bill Hunt Silver Member

Status Points:
    No bias - just that the stay (actually quite nice for an airport Hilton) was very interesting. Sort of like booking into a resort in Las Vegas, where Cirque du Soleil was playing in the lobby - and the VIP Lounge - a stay AND a show, all for the price of one.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2014
  17. Bill Hunt

Bill Hunt Silver Member

Status Points:
    I would anticipate/speculate that the "event" WAS a one-time, or at least "annual" event. As we encounter events, conventions, and of all sorts, at many hotels/resorts, we were a bit surprised to find this one (and it appeared both well attended, and covered by the press) at an airport Hilton. At such properties, we more often encounter business meetings, and that is about it.

We were recently at a little resort in the Burgundy wine Region. For two days, a rather large bicycling group was there, dressed in their spandex outfits, with trailers of bicycles in the parking area. That was followed by the Porche Club of Tokyo, with about 30 hire Porches, and most of the folk in their "driving clothes." Interesting - both, but more to be expected in the French countryside, than an airport Hilton.