Hilton London Paddington - Review

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by Toula, Dec 6, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Toula
    Original Member

Toula Gold Member

Status Points:
    We recently completed a 2 night stay at this property on a points redemption. We first stayed at this property in 1995 before it became a Hilton and over the years have stayed there on numerous occasions, though before our recent stay we had not been to London since 2003.

DH is gold, and on check-in, even though this was a points redemption, we were given a room upgrade and told of the benefits. We were given free WiFi access and even more importantly internet speed was good. The room itself was spacious enough for us and our luggage. The bed was comfortable and clean. Bathroom was small but clean and modern enough. We were just by the elevators however they have removed the pinging noise and no noise from other guests could be heard.

The highlight of this stay for us was the breakfast which was included as a gold benefit. They had a tasty bufffet spread in the restaurant each morning and we managed to avail ourselves of the most delicious English breakfast. The sausages were the best I have had for ages. They also had the usual european cold cuts, fresh fruit etc. Service was good.

I quite like the location as it is so easy to access the Heathrow Express (18 pounds each way, plus they have WiFi on board). I also think it is accessible to most places, we walked over to the British Museum and other tourists attractions. There is plenty of public transport available within the area with buses running along the street in front of the hotel.

I would definitely stay at this property again.

2. tomphot

tomphot Gold Member

Status Points:
    I agree with your assessment.
    I've stay here 4 times and really enjoy the convenient location - you don't even have to go outside to get to the tune station and many decent bus lines run up to the hotel.
    I've always been given size upgrades, the last was on the royal wedding day when I was sure we would end up in a cubbyhole as I used a free night cert.

3. newbluesea
    Original Member

newbluesea Gold Member

Status Points:
    Having stayed here approaching some one dozen times this property's best feature is its easy access to the HEX
    and the Tube..but it does have its flaws. Appears to have a high staff ( consequenly often somewhat lacking in knowledge) turnover. The newish lounge is a considerable improved over the old basement dungeon and can get crowded at times.
    On one of my more recent stays some drunk idiot pulled the fire-alarm and the staff was not at all efficient in handling the matter.

Toula, uggboy and tomphot like this.
  4. tomphot

tomphot Gold Member

Status Points:
    That old lounge was really bad!
    The new one is much better with a nice view of the station - the traffic pattern can get bad when it's busy though.

Toula and uggboy like this.
  5. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Sounds like an very adventurous hotel here!;) I hope they got the " drunk idiot " eventually?:eek:

Toula likes this.
  6. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Glad to know about the new lounge, thanks for sharing!:)

Toula likes this.
  7. newbluesea
    Original Member

newbluesea Gold Member

Status Points:
    Well not really. There was a group which stayed there which was part of /or associated with a wedding which must have been held in one of the hotel ballrooms. I did see a group of young adults (for want of a better word) shouting and generally making asses of themselves on one of the floors.....then they all ran downstairs within seconds of the fire alarm going off.
    Problem was that most of the hotel guests some not full dressed ended up standing out on Praed Street (if I had thought of it we would have gone the other way into Paddington Station) in the cold for about 30-45 mins until the fire brigade checked the place out.
    But even after the fire crew left it took the hotel staff quite a while before getting around to the giving the guests the ok to return to their rooms.

uggboy likes this.
  8. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the update, this must have been some "unwelcomed" spectacle.

9. ArizonaGuy
    Original Member

ArizonaGuy Silver Member

Status Points:
    Arses.

ACMM and uggboy like this.