Hilton London Metropole Review

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by dmc730, Dec 17, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. dmc730

dmc730 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Stayed in Mid November.

The Hilton London Metropole is walking distance from Paddington Station for half the price of the Hilton Paddington. It is also close to the Edgeware Tube stop. It is not a great location for sightseeing but once you get to the Tube London is easy enough to get around.

I am a diamond member and was told I was upgraded, but my travel companion who is a smoker and diamond member got a MUCH better room with a living room area. As a nonsmoker the room upgrade was equivalent to the average US room. But who stays in their room in London?

I was granted Concierge access. The breakfast wasn't great but it was free and included pastry, cereal, fruit and a hot item. One day was a quiche and another was an eggroll looking item which I passed on. In the evenings the reception included beer, wine and liquor. For appetizers they had Fruit, crackers and cheese, two hot items each night (finger foods) and snack mixes. Between this and breakfast I was able to get by on one paid meal per day.

The lobby included a very nice bar and restaurant, there was a shop as well. I did not partake so can not comment on quality or price.

Overall there are better locations but for the price this was a nice hotel with some benefits for being a diamond

8MiHi, uggboy, DAS02135 and 1 other person like this.
  2. RAPC
    Original Member

RAPC Silver Member

Status Points:
    A couple of things to note for a Diamond at this property.

Firstly, you can have the full breakfast in the restaurant instead of the limited option in the lounge.

Secondly, the rooms in the West Wing are modern and tend to be larger than those in the main building. It is often worth asking for an upgrade to these Deluxe and Superior rooms rather than an Executive room as you will have lounge access anyway.

8MiHi, dmc730 and uggboy like this.
  3. dmc730

dmc730 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thats good to know. My companion was in the other wing. I was in hte main building where the lounge is. Next time I will know and knowing is half the battle.

uggboy likes this.
  4. traveler
    Original Member

traveler Gold Member

Status Points:
    I stayed there a few years back on a real cheap Hotwire booking. They could not find my reservation and as they were "sold out" they ended up putting in a suite. Had to use our room keycard on the elevator to access our floor, every time we we came back to the room someone beat us to the room and put hot cookies or other snacks in the room. I think we paid about $65 usd a night. Best London bargain ever!

8MiHi and uggboy like this.
  5. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    Just stayed there for a couple of nights in August - I found it one of the most disappointing Hilton properties I have stayed at. Overcrowded and staff really meh! I would stay anywhere else instead in future - the Paddington just down the road is much much better IMHO.​

6. 8MiHi

8MiHi Silver Member

Status Points:
    We stayed here in July. It was everything the reviewers above stated, both the good and the bad. We found the people to be very helpful and they let us in our room a 9:30 AM after an overnight TATL. I would gladly stay again.

7. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    The room I was "upgraded" to which had a "view" was quite small by any Hilton standards IMHO. The executive lounge was a disaster ... it was full of 6 member families at all times during the day and even for the evening (where children were not allowed) it wast just too small. I guess I cannot fault the staff for that.

8MiHi likes this.
  8. 8MiHi

8MiHi Silver Member

Status Points:
    The executive lounge is quite small and needs expansion. I do like its layout with the turret feature and I liked it's hours. The hotel is very busy with so many different nationalities and frequent travelers that there is no way that lounge can properly accommodate the demand.