Hilton Lake Taupo, NZ

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by riceoven, Jul 17, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. riceoven

riceoven Silver Member

Status Points:
    I stayed here for two nights on a cash+points booking. I was upgraded to a 1 bedroom apartment, which was a big surprise for me. The room is generous in size with an open floor plan dining room, full kitchen, living room. bathroom was well-sized with heated floors and heated towel rack (i haven't seen these since park hyatt vendome!). Both were much appreciated in the winter season. there's even a washer and dryer...in the kitchen...so i was able to get some free laundry done during the trip. there's a long balcony that stretched the bedroom and living room with enough room to hold a good sized table seating four. The balcony overlooked Lake Taupo - not the best view since the hotel is pretty set back from the lake - but still nice. Continental breakfast buffet was included as a diamond which had a very good selection for "continental" including warm ham sandwiches, egg tarts, porridge and miso soup. self-parking outdoor is free, self covered parking $15, valet $35. it's right next door to a popular hot spring (debretts), and you get a $5 discount for staying at hilton ($20 -> $15). it's pretty old and crowded compared to the double tiered heated outdoor pool, sauna, steamroom and gym facilities at the hilton - but hilton's pool is not a hot spring.

uggboy likes this.
  2. riceoven

riceoven Silver Member

Status Points:
    here's some pics:
    PEI_7404.JPG PEI_7415.JPG PEI_7411.JPG PEI_7415.JPG PEI_7411.JPG PEI_7410.JPG PEI_7409.JPG

uggboy likes this.
  3. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for sharing, excellent stay report and images!:)