Hilton In Seoul

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by somempire, Aug 9, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. somempire

somempire Silver Member

Status Points:
    I will be staying in Seoul for 4 nights in May 2012. Anyone has feedback on either Hilton location in Seoul?

2. UA191

UA191 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've stayed at both. The staff were rude on both occasions, but I would say that the Millennium had a better product than the Grand.

By far, the best hotel in Seoul, though, is the Plaza Hotel near city hall. Amazing people, great product and an outstanding location. The price is also quite reasonable.

Hope this helps!

3. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    The Shilla is the classic top hotel in Seoul; it's in FHR and probably other similar programs. The Grand Hyatt has impressive views but isn't in a good location for walking.

In the newer section of town across the river you can find many chain hotels including Novotel (quite good, better than you might think from the brand, and has an indoor pool), Ritz-Carlton, etc.

The Grand Hilton is in a rather upscale residential neighborhood. Again, nothing much is walkable, but it is very close (walkable except for the hill) stop for luxury bus service to ICN. When I stayed there, the hotel vehicle that took me to the bus stop waited with me until the airport bus arrived, which I appreciated in chilly weather.

I don't know the other Hilton.

sobore likes this.
  4. opushomes
    Original Member

opushomes Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've only stayed at the Grand and like it despite its somewhat inconvenient location. Staff can appear somewhat cold, but having lived in Korea, this is more a cultural trait than anything insidious.

If one takes the KAL limo bus, the hotel has a transfer van or car meet it at the stop at the bottom of the hill. On the return, just request that they drop you off at the bus stop. Note: they are not directly across from one another, so if you choose to walk down the hill , look to the right for the stop back to the airport.

One really nice feature (I suppose that YMMV) is that when I requested the name and location of a local (Non-visittor-oriented) Korean restaurant nearby, they drove me to a really good one not far away, waited for me to have lunch and drove me back. Great service, IMO. The restaurant was absolutely what I expected and I was the only Westerner in the place. Of course no English menu or English spoken. The only thing to make make the experience better would have been to have a group instead of just me.

sobore likes this.
  5. I stayed at the Millennium in 2010. Had a good time. Convenient to the train station. Had a good time climbing up the hill near by.

Enjoyed the two Executive lounges. Good breakfast, good pupu's in the evening. Nice staff. No problems.

6. ArizonaGuy
    Original Member

ArizonaGuy Silver Member

Status Points:
    Resurrecting a year old thread. Still relevant. I'm staying at the Millennium for 4 nights. But because of the current triple dip promo, I'm debating saving a fractional amount of money and switching to the Grand. The Millennium is excluded from the triple dip promotion.

But then again I'm debating paying for a non-chain location just to save even more money - Millennium isn't in the promo, Grand is out of the way, and neither is really what I want to spend, running about KRW 210,000 to 240,000 for the basic rooms at AAA rate.

Thoughts?

7. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    I stay at the Millennium all my trips to Seoul ... I like the property.