Review Hilton Imperial Dubrovnic, Croatia

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by Slow_Mustang, May 11, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. Slow_Mustang
    Original Member

Slow_Mustang Silver Member

Status Points:
    Overall: Good

Location: Excellent, center of the town, close to everything.

Rooms: We were upgraded to a bigger corner room which did not have a view, requested and got moved to a standard room on the 4th floor with a balcony and a view of the street/sea. With Gold status, was given free in-room Wi-Fi access. Nice, clean and well lit, no mosquitoes.

Lounge: Moderate in size, also has tables for two in the balcony. Continental breakfast with pre-made scrambled eggs. Cappuccino/coffee/tea is brought to the table. Alcohol (wine/beer/hard liquor) is available for two hours in the evening.

Airport transportation: Can take a taxi (must negotiate a fixed fare if coming in at night), use the hotel pick-up/drop-off service which is more expensive, or use the private bus service.

Miscellaneous Info: They have a car rental office on premises. Did not try their restaurants. With some status, you get access to the gym and the spa area but the jacuzzi is not free. The 50 minute Swiss massage service at their spa was good and the price was reasonable. Hotel can arrange day trips to nearby destinations. Because of its convenient central location, one could come back to the hotel during the day to take a rest from all the walking.

Last edited: May 24, 2014
    iolaire, uggboy and marcwint55 like this.
  2. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:
    We stayed there a few years ago. We booked two rooms, and it was quite difficult getting them to upgrade one of the rooms, even though I am a diamond elite. The location was fantastic. The food was not so fantastic. Since we have now seen the old city, I would probably stay at one of the beach hotels if I went back.

Slow_Mustang, iolaire and uggboy like this.
  3. ella
    Original Member

ella Silver Member

Status Points:
    I stayed here a couple of years ago. I was given a very spacious room with balcony overlooking old city and the sea. The food was not memorable - for being either very good or bad. I loved that it was easy walking to the old city.

When I arrived, I took the bus to the city and then walked up the hill to the Hilton. When I left I took a taxi back to the airport. Both seemed to be very reasonably priced.

Slow_Mustang, iolaire and uggboy like this.