Hilton Houston Westchase

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by adexpert, Jun 13, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. adexpert
    Original Member

adexpert Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm at this property this week so I thought I'd put some quick bullets up for reference:

• Overview - This is your basic Hilton with a conference center attached. The room I got as a Diamond was a run of the mill King on the 12th floor which their elevators call the "Towers" level. I couldn't find anything interesting about it. I'm overlooking Westheimer which is the main drag and it's quiet.
    • Facilities - The rooms seem to haev been renovated although stuff like hallway carpets looks really old. The elevators are slow as can be too. Parking is plentiful out front.
    • Location - Not sure what this is close to, but, it's far from IAH - ~30 miles. Get a rental car with a toll pass or be prepared to stop frequently - three tolls between the hotel and there.
    • Breakfast - They've got a good buffet spread with pancake / waffle / french toast / omlet stations. It was $15. I didn't have time to see waht sort of menu selection they had.
    • Kitchen - Closes at midnight for bar / room service. You're pretty much SOL at that point if you want food short of about a 20 minute drive.
    • Dinner - There's quite a number of restaurants right along here. You could walk to a number of them ranging from sit down chains (e.g. Outback is next door) to some nicer looking stuff. I went to the "Rangin Cajun" place two lights down and it wasn't particuarly good despite positive Yelp reviews.
    • Nearby - There's a grocery store down the road a few blocks. If your colleagues are Marriott folks, they can stay next door at a full Marriott or a choice of Courtyard or Residence Inn while you collect your Hilton points.
    Stay here again? Assuming it's close to where I need to be, sure.

2. cfischer
    Original Member

cfischer Silver Member

Status Points:
    Is there a nice lounge?

3. adexpert
    Original Member

adexpert Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm not aware of one existing.