Hilton Hotels & Resorts plans 2012 opening in Puerto Vallarta

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by uggboy, Sep 6, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hilton Hotels & Resorts plans 2012 opening in Puerto Vallarta:)

Hilton Hotels & Resorts will be opening its first property in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico in the second quarter of 2012.
    The 259-room Hilton Puerto Vallarta Resort will have a fitness center, hotel spa with Jacuzzi area, sauana, solarium and beauty salon, an outdoor pool and an “Adventure Club” which has “specialized entertainment for all age groups,” according to a press release.

http://www.businesstraveller.com/news/hilton-hotels-and-resorts-plans-2012-opening-in

HiIslands and Kalboz like this.
  2. HiIslands
    Original Member

HiIslands Silver Member

Status Points:
    uggboy likes this.
  3. HiIslands
    Original Member

HiIslands Silver Member

Status Points:
    I had the opportunity to tour the new property several days ago. It opened in late 2012 and is now running at about 50% occupancy. It's sleek, modern and white all over. The hotel fronts a nice stretch of beach immediately adjacent to the Krystal property. (In fact, some Krystal buildings were razed to build the Hilton.)

One of the most appealing features is the personal dipping pool found on the lanais of the suites that are on the ground floor. The higher level suites and junior suites have personal Jacuzzis on their balconies. I inquired at the front desk about the availability of these suites as upgrades and was told that by booking a deluxe room, Diamond level HH members are eligible. Since the occupancy is still low, the chances for an upgrade are very good.

The rooms are spacious, very quiet and feature modern decor (as opposed to a more traditional Mexican look.) The baths are huge. The suites and double suites feature free standing tubs in the bath as well as separate shower and toilet enclosures.

All of the staff I came in contact with were helpful and personable. I think this resort has great potential.

I have photographs of the property which I can share if anyone is interested.

uggboy likes this.
  4. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the insights, of course, please share your images of this property with us.