Hilton Honors Rolls Out a Nicely Redesigned Website...with a Bug!

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by NYCUA1K, Oct 7, 2012.  |  Print Topic

?

The bug aside, what do you think of the HH site make over?

Poll closed Nov 25, 2012.
  1. Like it

50.0%
  2. Don't like it

30.0%
  3. Don't care

20.0%
  1. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have not seen any discussion on this but HHonors has redeployed their website with the 'look and feel' almost completely changed. I think that it is a nice make over, except that I just found a nasty bug.

Under My Points on the left hand side, clicking "All Points Activity" throws you out to the login screen. But when you log back in it does not take you to see your points activity. If you click "All Points Activity" again, the same thing happens, it throws out, so it is an infinite loop. The bug is replicated when you try to look at all Recent Activity, which means that currently all features related to viewing all or recent points activity do not work:eek:

UPDATE: There is no bug when I access the site with internet explorer, but the bug is reproducible with Firefox 15.0.1.

2nd UPDATE: There is no bug at all. The problem seems to be isolated to the one laptop from which I'd initially accessed the site. All other devices can access the site and display the information correctly...It is a local problem.

marcwint55 likes this.
  2. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I often had problems like that on their old site

NYCUA1K likes this.
  3. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    The old site just had multiple places where it required authentication (e.g. going from booking area back to account area required that you reenter your username and password) and it timed out too fast. However, it generally did what you wanted it to do. The timing out is no longer as quick and it now asks you if you need more time...

8MiHi and marcwint55 like this.
  4. newbluesea
    Original Member

newbluesea Gold Member

Status Points:
    Tried what you said four times and and was unable to repoduce your problems, both tabs worked perfectly as expected.. so no bug here.
    I like the new set up.:)

5. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    It could be my browser. Which are you using? I am a Firefox guy, but I will now try I.E. and see (unless, of course, it's been fixed since;))

UPDATE: There is no bug when I access the site with internet explorer, but the bug is reproducible with Firefox 15.0.1

8MiHi likes this.
  6. DTWBOB

DTWBOB Silver Member

Status Points:
    This format for the Hilton site has been around for a while (think months), and if fine, as long as you want to wait for background pix to load and hunt for the info you need.

Aside from that, I've had no problems with it.

DTWBIB

NYCUA1K likes this.
  7. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    I had seen the new "face page" but the internals are definitely new for me. I must have a fairly fast connection because the background does load fairly fast...

8. newbluesea
    Original Member

newbluesea Gold Member

Status Points:
    Seems you answered the question before I got the chance:D

9. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    I use FF 15.0.1. Tried your steps above just now and had no issues ... Clicking All Points Activity brought me immediately to the page showing the detailed list of my points activity. No kick-out, not login request again. So this is not happening to all it seems.

ETA: I do like the new layout and view however :)

NYCUA1K likes this.
  10. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    Ok. I just did some experimentation and I seem to have isolated the problem to the one particular laptop on which I was when I first tried out the site. Every other device, including my cell phone, seems to work just fine. So, I have one laptop on which Firefox is not behaving properly but I.E. is. The last thing I need to do is to reboot that system, as we have had internet outage in the area since this morning (Time Warner Cable), and I have been accessing internet from some publicly available router in the building :D ...

The new HHonors site is fine, and nice too!

ACMM likes this.
  11. JoeCortez

JoeCortez Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have to say that the new HH site is actually an improvement! Before, you had to sign in to HH through the Conrad site in order to see where you were status-wise. This visual display makes it MUCH more easy to figure out what I need to get to the next level, and how to reserve. Well done to create a better customer experience!

ACMM and NYCUA1K like this.
  12. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    The power of sites like MP is that they can make a difference because agents for the various frequent traveler programs do visit these sites to gauge what we may be saying about one aspect or another of their program. So, if you do not like the new HH website design, please say why as this could potentially be taken into account in future releases if it is considered to a significant issue...

ACMM likes this.