Hilton Honors - Just Go With It Sweepstakes - DL 3/31/11 US Only & Member on Entry

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by AmericanGirl, Mar 4, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. AmericanGirl
    Original Member

AmericanGirl Silver Member

Status Points:
    https://www.hiltonhhonors.com/processLanding6.aspx?lp=justgowithit

(1) Grand Prize: Winner will receive 1,000,000 Hilton HHonors Bonus Points and a trip for winner and up to (3) guests to Hawaii. Grand Prize trip includes: air transportation for up to four people from major airport nearest winner's residence to Maui, Hawaii; hotel accommodations (two standard rooms/double occupancy) for 5 nights at the Grand Wailea in Maui; economy cabin air transportation for up to four people from Maui to Honolulu, Oahu; hotel accommodations (two [2] standard rooms/double occupancy) for 4 nights at the Hilton Hawaiian Village in Honolulu; economy cabin air transportation for up to four people from Honolulu back to originating major airport nearest winner's residence. Winner will also receive a check in the amount of $5,000 and a $10,000 Hilton Worldwide gift card.

Open only to legal U.S. residents, who are of legal age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence (and at least 18 years of age) and who are Hilton HHonors members at time of entry.

Limit one online registration entry per person during the entire Sweepstakes Period.

ARV of Grand Prize: $31,659.

Mapsmith likes this.
  2. schnitzel
    Original Member

schnitzel Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'll probably win this.

3. AmericanGirl
    Original Member

AmericanGirl Silver Member

Status Points:
    Excellent and good luck [​IMG]

4. beckoa
    Original Member

beckoa Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hmm seems I was already registered... the taxes on that prize are gonna be a bit high though [​IMG]

5. gemac
    Original Member

gemac Silver Member

Status Points:
    That's what the Hilton Gift Card and the $5,000 check are for.

They are valuing the rest of it at $16,659. My valuation would be:
    Four X air fare @ $1,000 = $4,000.
    Ten room nights at Grand Wailea @ $200/room night = $2,000
    8 room nights at HHV @ $200/room night = $1600
    That leaves about $7,000 for the million points, which seems about right.

The Hawaiian vacation is pretty nice. It shouldn't be hard to find a couple you are friends with who would be willing to "gift" you $3,500 to take them along. In addition, most meals and incidentals can be put on the Hilton Gift Card, seems like they should give you an additional gift to cover their share of that, which would probably be another $1500. Now you have $10,000 in cash ($5,000 in gifts and $5,000 in check from the prize) towards your taxes. Unless you live in a state where taxes are punative, you should only have to come up with around $2,000 more, in return for your $2,000 you would get the Hawaiian vacation, the million HHonors points, and about $7,000 left on the Hilton gift card. Doesn't seem like a bad deal to me, but if you win and want to avoid the tax hit, just tell them that you are assigning your prizes to me. [​IMG]

Mapsmith likes this.
  6. schnitzel
    Original Member

schnitzel Gold Member

Status Points:
    I just stayed at the Grand Wailea. I don't think you can ever get anything there for $200/night - you can even get a cabana during the day for that much.

7. Blue Skye
    Original Member

Blue Skye Silver Member

Status Points:
    thanks for posting that. for some reason i do not get this stuff via email. most promos i have registered for in the past i have "found" via FT or here.

8. flytoeat
    Original Member

flytoeat Active Member

Status Points:
    Thanks. I agree the offset from the check and gift card make the taxes less onerous.

9. mht_flyer
    Original Member

mht_flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks! Just registered!

10. From NYC
    Original Member

From NYC Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks. Just entered.