Hilton Hhonors restrictions, thought it was no blackout dates??

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by charlesmilleriii, Jul 22, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. charlesmilleriii

charlesmilleriii New Member

Status Points:
    I wrote this letter to Hilton. Since Hhonors is not suppose to have blackout dates, have you ever experienced opening at a Hilton hotel, but they will not allow Hhonor members with points to schedule a room? I just started earlier this year and built up over 100,000 points and can't use for the hotel I want even though openings are available for the general public to call now.

Dear Hilton Hhonors customer service,

My Hilton Hhonors # is Xxxxxxxxx. I've been building up points for quite some time now and found all this time the Hilton Grand Vacation Suites on the strip was available for 35,000 points per night. I have over 100,000 points to use, but this hotel is not available to book for any date we try during the next year.

On Sunday, July 22 at 9:30 AM I called customer service who tried dates for the next year as well and also found no availability, but the Hilton Hhonors website shows it is available. If I can them directly as a regular customer, they do have availability on plenty of the dates we checked. Very disappointed with Hilton Hhonors right now after checking ahead of time on the Hhonors site and building up all this points to find out I can use them at a location listed I should be able to do so.

On Suday, July 22 at 10:00 AM I spoke to someone in Marketing at Hilton Grand Vacations who also has been a member for 20 years and agreed with me its wrong they list it and can't use points when our dates are open and available. Would appreciate a call back and response to this. My wife is planning to stop using Hilton cards until we get this worked out and not going to recommend others get cards or stay at a Hilton if this is all for nothing. Really surprised it lists 35,000 points, but can't use them as expected. I was told Hhonors has no blackout dates. What is the problem?

Even your own website has a Q&A documents that says Hilton Garand Vacations is included and even specifically See below. says "Hilton HHonors No Blackout Dates is straight-forward and presents a great opportunity for members."
    http://hhonors1.hilton.com/ts/en_US/hh/media/pdf/PressRoom/QAJan09.pdf

POINTS & MILES® AND NO BLACKOUT DATES
    Q: What is the primary advantage of joining HHonors compared to other hotel loyalty programs?
    A:Hilton HHonors is the ONLY guest rewards program to offer Points & Miles® and No Blackout Dates with no capacity controls at more than 3,000 Hilton Family hotels worldwide. HHonors members can earn Points & Miles simultaneously and redeem their points for complimentary hotel reward stays with No Blackout Dates. Any time a standard room is available at a Hilton®, Conrad® Hotels & Resorts, Doubletree®, Embassy Suites Hotels®, Hampton®, Hilton Garden Inn®, Hilton Grand Vacations™, Homewood Suites by Hilton® or The Waldorf=Astoria Collection™ hotels, members can redeem points for it.

Q: What makes HHonors’ policy on blackout dates policy different from the competition?
    A: Hilton HHonors No Blackout Dates is straight-forward and presents a great opportunity for members.

On Sunday, July 22 at 4:30 PM I spoke to Nicholas Johnson, Hilton Guest Assistant Supervisor. His number is 888-240-6152. He said I have to transfer the points into the Hilton Grand Vacation system, but I see no mention of this on the website. In fact, the Q&A on the Hilton Hhonors website clearly states I can stay at Hilton Grand Vacations with my Hhonors points. Nicholas informed me I might have to convert my Hhonors points into Hilton Grand Vacation points to use them, but the Hhonors website shows I can use points for 35,000 point per night with nothing explained about points needing to be transferred. Someone is obviously confused or the website needs to be updated to remove the Hilton Grand Vacation resort from the list of Hhonors hotels supported.

If you go to http://www.hilton.com and click at the top for Hhonors that says "Explore the benefits", this page clearly shows Hilton Grand Vacations listed is the Hilton Family Hotels I am a suppose to be ale to use my Hhonors points for.

I also called the Hilton Grand Vacation at 800-932-4482, but they claim to have nothing to do with the Hhonors as I need to call Hhonors directly for ways to redeem points for their hotel. This all seems to be a complete circle. Under your "Benefits" section of the Hhonors website, it says "reward you for your loyalty and give you the level of attention you deserve", but I'm not feeling any loyalty or attention at all right now.

I look forward to receiving a phone call to discuss this further.

Thanks,

XXXXXXX

Sean Colahan and MX like this.
  2. MX

MX Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've had similar experience with HH availability. Pretty much stopped bothering to collect their points, since they're so hard to redeem.

3. newbluesea
    Original Member

newbluesea Gold Member

Status Points:
    What dates are you trying to redeem points for?

1)Do you really want to put your name and details on a pulic BB???
    2) Did you read the relevant information regarding "extraordinary demand" dates?

SC Flier likes this.
  4. desamo

desamo Gold Member

Status Points:
    Oh, who wants the Hilton Grand Vacation Suites anyway? There are so many better properties!

For that, you could get a points + cash rate for 4 nights at the Conrad Hong Kong.

FlyingFree likes this.
  5. EyeOnTheSkies

EyeOnTheSkies Silver Member

Status Points:
    A) Don't waste your points on the Hiltons in LV. They are crap-tacular. Plus, if you sit through a timeshare pitch, you too can stay for just 99 dollars for 3 nights plus all kinds of goodies.
    B) Redact, at bare minimum, your HH number, cell and address ASAP. That info shouldn't be floating around on a forum on the internet. Also, with that info someone could impersonate you with a call into HHonors and do far more damage...

LETTERBOY and Sean Colahan like this.
  6. DTWBOB

DTWBOB Silver Member

Status Points:
    suggest you edit this and delete your Hilton number, home address and phone number etc.

DTWBOB

LETTERBOY likes this.
  7. desamo

desamo Gold Member

Status Points:
    Please remove them from your quote, too. He can't edit that.

LETTERBOY likes this.