HIlton HHonors GOLD

Discussion in 'Premium Membership' started by JYhilton, Oct 16, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. JYhilton

JYhilton Member

Status Points:
    Hi, I redeem the my Hilton Elite Gold award.
    But the question is that how do I know the Milepoint help me upgrade it to the gold award, I mean, there is no evidence to show that my card number is already submitted. All I have to do is wait until 8-12 weeks later?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2013
  2. beepbeep

beepbeep Active Member

Status Points:

I have the same question. I would love to take up the premium membership offer and get Hilton Gold Elite - but there's no where on Milepoint to add my existing HHonors number - so how do Hilton know which account to upgrade?

SomeDay, uggboy and tondoleo like this.
  3. tondoleo
    Original Member

tondoleo Gold Member

Status Points:
    Once you have purchased the Premium Membership you will get a conversation in your MP inbox. This will explain that you go to the MP Awards Store and fill in your name and HHonors account number. Once that is completed the new status should show up in your HHonors account as quickly as Hilton processes the information.

SomeDay and uggboy like this.
  4. tondoleo
    Original Member

tondoleo Gold Member

Status Points:
    This process may be quicker that 8-12 weeks. You should have some faith in MilePoint. Your status will arrive so you can enjoy the benefits.

5. Randy Petersen
    Original Member

Randy Petersen Founder

Status Points:
    We helped many members upgrade to Hyatt Platinum last year and they were all pretty happy. If worried we can always check for you which I just did. We received your number and it's already on the way to Hilton. We try to make all these things as painless and frictionless as possible which is why our claim system is so simple. We look forward to seeing you in newly minted Hilton Gold status in the next few weeks. One thing you might consider as well, contributing to Milepoint some of your travel knowledge or if you need help, ask questions. We're a community that just loves to help others. And for this advice about posting on Milepoint, pretty soon you may have a Milepoint Gold status to go along with that Hilton Gold—Double Gold is certainly something to think about!

Thanks for the question.

6. henryf

henryf Active Member

Status Points:
    New member here

If we wait until January 2014, will our HH Gold status carry on through 2016?

7. Randy Petersen
    Original Member

Randy Petersen Founder

Status Points:
    We would like to welcome you to MilePoint. The agreement with Hilton is that all Gold elite status memberships will expire on Feb 2015 regardless of when the benefit is redeemed. Hilton hopes you get to 2016 by re-qualifying!!

8. JYhilton

JYhilton Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the detailed reply!

SomeDay, aptraveler and uggboy like this.
  9. Ozon78

Ozon78 New Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the detailed reply and for the confirmation on the duration of the membership (I was a bit concerned as it says on my now updated HHonors Gold account that my membership in 2014 will be Blue but this is based on the number of stays rather than the Milepoint agreement so hopefully all is going to be adjusted come 2014).
    It only took a few days between submitting a request via the Award Store on Milepoint and getting my HHonors updated. Thanks a lot!

uggboy likes this.
  10. Randy Petersen
    Original Member

Randy Petersen Founder

Status Points:
    The instructions for how and where to complete your Premium Membership details such as your Hilton number is contained in your InBox here on Milepoint (so you will always have it on hand and it won't get lost in spam with email). The location of the InBox is here, in the upper right of your Milepoint browser screen (see attached image).

Hope this helps. InBox.png

11. henryf

henryf Active Member

Status Points:
    Amazin'

Enrolled yesterday. Status upgrade appeared today.

Thank you

12. JPKewl

JPKewl Active Member

Status Points:
    What if we are already Gold for this year (but it will expire in Feb 2014)? Will the upgrade still apply and keep gold status until Feb 2015?

13. Randy Petersen
    Original Member

Randy Petersen Founder

Status Points:
    Yes. It does not matter which level you are or will be, the Premium Membership benefit will make you a Gold elite status members with HHonors until Feb 2015. There is but one exception ... this benefit will not downgrade you from Diamond to Gold if you are at or achieve that level of status with Hilton (whew!).

Hope this helps.

14. deneric

deneric Active Member

Status Points:
    FYI
    I paid my subscription to Milepoint on 19th August and my Hilton account was created on the same day. Great service!!
    Many thanks

SomeDay, tondoleo and uggboy like this.
  15. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Excellent.

SomeDay and tondoleo like this.
  16. nrgexplosion

nrgexplosion Active Member

Status Points:
    Hey everyone, just moving over from Flyertalk. Paid subscription yesterday... waiting for hilton to update... I may have a reservation on Nov 1'st so hopefully someone will get around to it by then. From the feedback I'm seeing it seems like they're pretty responsive. Nice to be able to support the site while giving some back. The breakfast is main reason I still consider Hiltons after the points devaluation. Seems like a friendly bunch here, I'll try to participate when I have a chance.

SomeDay, bigx0, uggboy and 1 other person like this.
  17. flynow

flynow Silver Member

Status Points:
    I gold my Hilton Gold upgrade in 3 or 4 days!!! Thank You. Will i get a new Hilton Gold Card mail to my home??

18. wresman

wresman New Member

Status Points:
    Its been almost 2 weeks and I have not get my Hilton gold status.
    who should we contact for this issue ?

SomeDay likes this.
  19. Randy Petersen
    Original Member

Randy Petersen Founder

Status Points:
    Thanks for the question. The pre-sale terms & conditions of the Hilton Gold benefit:
    Hilton HHonors | Gold elite status
    Terms & Conditions:
    Gold elite status will be posted to the member's account 8-12 weeks after enrollment. This offer is not combinable with other HHonors offers/status. Hilton HHonors™ membership, earning of Points & Miles™ and redemption of Points are subject to HHonors Terms and Conditions.

... and the Master Q/A HERE indicate that it will take 8-12 weeks for Hilton Gold status to post. While in all cases with benefits—some may post early but hopefully the focus is on the posted terms. We may be a bit early on bugging Hilton about any missing posting of the Gold benefit and we have every reason to believe that they will continue to be a great partner with this benefit.

SomeDay and Sweet Willie like this.
  20. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I enrolled a few days ago, the form ask for your membership number.
    The free internet and breakfast is more than worth the fee, without the upgrades.
    As for any problems, paypal is always on the consumers side,
    Money well spent.

SomeDay and KENNECTED like this.
  21. OrangeWindies

OrangeWindies Active Member

Status Points:
    I have Hhonors gold expiring this year as a result of a "trick" that involved changing my residence to Australia temporarily. As this is visible on my account and the P2 gold status claim process is apparently a manual one, should I create a new Hhonors account before claiming?

I'm assuming that if Hilton deny the status claim on my existing account it will be regarded as claimed anyway and I wouldn't be able to try again with a new account.

22. calflygirl

calflygirl Active Member

Status Points:
    My gold posted in 2 weeks or less. On the Hilton site, the sliding bar still shows my original status, but when I click on "My Account", my status is listed as Gold.

SomeDay likes this.
  23. AttorneyVin

AttorneyVin Silver Member

Status Points:
    I just signed up for P2 -- HHonors Gold until 02/2015 sounds like an AMAZING benefit! Does anyone know -- Randy included -- if we will automatically be sent a new card from Hilton showing 02/2015 as our Gold expiration date?
    Is there any way for us to verify that our status has truly been extended until 02/2015 from my current expiring 02/2014?
    Thanks so much!

24. KENNECTED
    Original Member

KENNECTED Silver Member

Status Points:
    I wonder if a card is really needed? Hilton has an app and account information should be shown there, correct?

25. adrianors

adrianors Silver Member

Status Points:
    Lets see what will happen for me.. got into a Challenge since I have Silver with Marriott and have to have 2 more nights to achieve Gold with Hilton.. Also, got the Premium here.. Don't want to wait anymore.. I am staying with them by Nov 13th.. lets hope I can get the Gold before so I can enjoy the benefits in the hotel right away!