Hilton HHonors: Double points in 2013 Q1

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by uggboy, Dec 21, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
  2. thesterlingtraveler

thesterlingtraveler Gold Member

Status Points:
  3. autolycus

autolycus Gold Member

Status Points:
    And now for the calculation of which will be better for my currently-planned stays... As of right now, I have 3 stays planned in January ($353 at a Hampton, $79 at an HGI and $565 at a Waldorf-Astoria that isn't participating... booo!!!). Don't know if I'll have any in February or March. If I do, they will likely be at Hampton Inns or, if I'm lucky, an HGI or Embassy Suites at low $ amounts/night. I am HHonors Gold for 2013.

HGI will be fixed miles no matter which version of the promo I choose.

uggboy likes this.
  4. DTWBOB

DTWBOB Silver Member

Status Points:
    The thing you need to decide is how many points of each type do you need and which type is more valuable to you and easier to use.

One advantage of using Hilton points for stays is the stay and nights still counts towards elite status.

DTWBOB

uggboy and Kalboz like this.
  5. autolycus

autolycus Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yeah, in the past I have normally gone double miles because I needed to get my Skymiles balance up for some redemptions. I've just about got enough of those for the redemptions I'm eyeing, so I may switch to points to start building toward a third AXON block I can redeem in 2013 or early 2014--already got right at 290k HHonors points.

uggboy likes this.
  6. kansaskeith

kansaskeith Gold Member

Status Points:
    Is it my imagination, or is the list of domestic non-participating hotels inordinately long this time? I was surprised to see even some Wichita, Kan., hotels at least two of which are owned by the same franchisee, opt out this time. (Full disclosure, as I write this I have looked only at the U.S. non-participating list.)

uggboy and autolycus like this.
  7. mht_flyer
    Original Member

mht_flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Are they emailing these promos out, past several promos I only heard of them (and subsequently registered) because of folks posting them here.

Which is a good thing that they are posted here of course, but bad that I'm not getting any email notification.

Anyhow! Registered, already 3 booked Hilton reservations in January so double points here I come :)

uggboy likes this.
  8. kansaskeith

kansaskeith Gold Member

Status Points:
    Got all of the emails, so far as I know, from previous quarters. Don't know about this one. I vaguely remember hurriedly deleting one while literally on the fly at an airport yesterday. I think I may have seen 'double points,' thought it was a last-chance reminder on 4Q12, then saw this item on Milepoint today and said oops that's a new one. Can't tell for sure, though one way or the other I have got the news now.

uggboy and mht_flyer like this.
  9. roadweary

roadweary Silver Member

Status Points:
    Double points sounds great. Already planning Sao Paulo, Lima, Mex. City, Hong Kong, Shanghai, and Osaka for Q1... and all are participating. Woo Hoo!

uggboy and Kalboz like this.