Hilton HHonors Amex card - 62,500 points

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by Jaguar, Feb 27, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Jaguar
    Original Member

Jaguar Silver Member

Status Points:
    I am not sure if this has been posted before. If it has, I apologize for the repost (mods, feel free to delete). This seems like a great deal...

Get an Instant Account and Receive up to 62,500 Hilton HHonors® Bonus Points
    Receive 20,000 HHonors Bonus Points with your first purchase1

Receive up to 2,500 additional HHonors Bonus Points on your first four Hilton WorldWide portfolio of hotels stays charged to the Card during your first 18 months of Cardmembership2

Receive 30,000 HHonors Bonus Points When you spend $500 in your first three months of Cardmembership3

• Get an Instant Account4
      • 6-3 points structure: Receive 6 HHonors Bonus Points for every eligible dollar you spend at Hilton Family hotels, and at grocery stores, drugstores, gas stations, wireless and home phone, internet, cable and satellite TB service providers. Receive 3 HHonors Bonus Points for every eligible dollar charged everywhere else.5
      • No annual fee
      • No Blackout Dates: No blackout dates when redeeming for hotel stays
      • Silver status: Complimentary Silver status for life of membership

Link -> https://www262.americanexpress.com/apisites/microsite/apply/hilton-hhonors-card/71-1000-78

deant and sagefemme52 like this.
  2. sagefemme52
    Original Member

sagefemme52 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I just recently got this card. It delivers as promised. I did not want the Surpass, as I am not interested in meeting the spend requirement to attain Diamond, and therefore did not want to pay the annual fee of $75. I have had this card in the past, in fact I just canceled it less than 6 months ago. I have already gotten all points as promised, so this looks to be a card that can be churned, although as always.....,YMMV.

3. aitchly
    Original Member

aitchly Silver Member

Status Points:
    It has!

The thread has multiple Hilton cards on it . . . and a little discussion.

4. xp0
    Original Member

xp0 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just an FYI (I posted in the other thread also) - I had just recently signed up for the Surpass card got my points, yada yada. I saw that the 62,500 point Amex Hilton card is back ... so figured, what the heck, its not a surpass card, Ill try and get approved for it. Instant approval.

So within the past month I was approved for both the Hilton Amex Surpass and the Hilton Amex (100k+ Hilton points). Seems to be a decent deal for people trying to score some easy HHonor points.

sagefemme52 likes this.
  5. samonyc
    Original Member

samonyc Silver Member

Status Points:
    I found this offer linked from my HHonors MyWay page today. I'd been mulling the decision to get a Hilton card, and this looked like an easy 50,000 points (I got the no-fee card).

At the very end of the application, I noticed an odd footnote. I took a screencap, but it was to cover me on the 30,000 bonus for spending deal and didn't show footnote 4, which was linked next to "Get an Instant Account". The footnote said that the cardholder must book a Hilton reservation with the card within the first 3 months. I hadn't seen this term anywhere previously, but I completed the app and will look for confirmation when the paperwork comes next week. It seemed a little odd to me though. Anybody know if that term is correct? It didn't say what I would forfeit if I didn't make a reservation.

6. deant
    Original Member

deant Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    I looked at the application and footnote 4 and it seems like it is a copy and paste from some other application form. The full note states:
    "Cardmember must charge a stay at a participating Hilton Family hotel to their Hilton HHonors Credit Card within their first three months of Cardmembership. One $50 statement credit will be issued for the first Hilton Family purchase made with the Card. Reservation must be made directly through a Hilton Family website. Credit issued as a Cardmember statement credit approximately 8-12 weeks after your first Hilton Family stay charged to the Card".

I suspect that it is a copy and paste error on the part of AMEX. I have never seen this note before and don't see anything else on the web page relative to a $50 credit.

7. samonyc
    Original Member

samonyc Silver Member

Status Points:
    I hope you're right, but this offer for the Delta Gold AmEx makes me wonder if AmEx is changing its conditions for partner cards. The Delta promo is structured like the 62,500-point Hilton card offer, with a signup bonus and a three-month spend bonus, but it also has a condition that cardmember must charge a Delta purchase with the card. I got my Delta Gold card a few years ago, and I'm sure that wasn't a condition then. (Like the Hilton card offer, it doesn't say what happens if you don't make the Delta purchase, but I would assume it means forfeiting one or both of the bonuses.)

I guess the partner purchase isn't an unreasonable condition, but it comes as a nasty surprise tucked into the online fine print like that.

8. samonyc
    Original Member

samonyc Silver Member

Status Points:
    My "expedited" card arrived today—heckuva job, Brown—and I couldn't find this condition in any of the paperwork. Guess it was an online error.

deant likes this.