Hilton Heathrow, Terminal 4, for early departure Terminal 1

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by travelpye, Apr 19, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. travelpye

travelpye Silver Member

Status Points:
    The title should say it all. I booked my first visit to London and reserved a room for last night on points at Hilton Terminal 4, as we have a 7:45 AM departure on United from terminal 1. I had concerns about timing using Hoppa bus from the other hotels in that it might take longer than we would like that early to terminal 1. (I assume we need to be there at T1 more than 2 hours before departure.) I thought it would be a relatively simple and speedy matter to walk to T4 and take the Heathrow Connect to T1. Should I expect it to be simple and quick? I see Hilton offers an option to transport us via car to T1 for 20GBP. (There are two of us.) Would that be faster, meaning we could sleep later? :)

2. kilo

kilo Silver Member

Status Points:
    Although arriving at least 2 hours before your flight makes good sense, you have up to an hour before the flight to present yourself at the check-in desk.

I cannot remember exactly how long it took me to walk from T4 to the Hilton, but I think it was in the range of 10 minutes. The T4 rail station is close to the main hall of the terminal. The free T4 to T1 transfer runs every 15 minutes and takes no longer than 5 minutes. So the transfer could take about 30 mins or longer if you walk slowly.

The taxi should be quicker and more convenient but of course you pay for it.

As you will be spending the night there you have time to even discuss with the hotel staff or check things out yourself?

travelpye likes this.
  3. travelpye

travelpye Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks, kilo. I had booked this hotel and planned on staying at the Hilton T4 some months ago. As trip draws closer, I had read a number of reports on TOBB where folks were suggesting it was actually easier to stay in city or at other hotels like Renaissance or Holiday Inn Ariel for departures from T1. So, I was second guessing my decision to stay at Hilton T4.

Bottom line, I was hoping for reassurance that I had not made a really poor choice (re early departure from T1) with my booking.

Thanks very much. I will leave booking as is.