Hilton Guangzhou Baiyun reviews

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by moa999, Dec 28, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. moa999
    Original Member

moa999 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hotel website: http://www1.hilton.com/en_US/hi/hotel/CANGUHI-Hilton-Guangzhou-Baiyun/index.do
    Mandarin: http://www.hilton.com.cn/guangzhoubaiyun
    (Again.. why hilton can't provide a printable address card in mandarin on its website I don't know.

Following from my review on the other Hilton Guangzhou, in Tianhe, here is my review on Baiyun.
    http://milepoint.com/forums/threads/hilton-guangzhou-tianhe-reviews.24519/

Again another awesome new Hilton - from some signs apparently once known as the Hilton Guangzhou Wanda Plaza, but now the Hilton Guangzhou Baiyun.
    Hotel sits in the same block as the Wanda Plaza which is a big mall containing a local department store, heaps of shops, a cinema and a Walmart - an easy walk although not directly connected and sits behind the entrance to the hotel. Walk past Wanda Plaza, past an empty block and you see the entrance the the Feixiang Parl (Line 2) metro (recently opened) which sits in the middle of an empty field. Walkable but probably not with luggage.

Hotel itself
    Awesome huge open foyer. As a Plat given a room on Level 9, large Exec Floor on Level 8. Hotel is in a U shaped formation around the central foyer so you may have a long walk to the lifts. On the outside the fan shaped things are reflectors for LED lights and the whole hotel glows in different patterns throughout the night.
    Rooms are quite nice, with a magicwall separating the bedroom and bathroom and amenities very similar to Tianhe.
    Only had a fruit bowl on entry to room but halfway through unpacking had a butler arrive with a bottle of spanish red and some chocolates. Also a welcome note to Exec Lounge with Afternoon Tea 3-6 and Drinks and Canapes 6-830
    Also two pieces for pressing and breakfast in either Exec Floor or Ground Floor restaurant.

Again an awesome exec lounge that was sparsely populated (only two other people the whole time I was there). Some good portions of salmon and beef dishes in spoons, some potato wedges and numerous cakes (left over from afternoon tea I suspect).
    Breakfast in the morning very good although missing some western choices - eg while it had an egg station, there was no bacon.

My only discussion with the concierge was a good one. On checking in asked for them to book my High Speed Rail Guangzhou South to Wuhan train trip for the following day. I new the train I wanted (G1006) and bell staff originally suggested I do it myself. More than amenable when I asked if they could help and with a copy of my passport, passport itself a bellman was dispatched to get the ticket for a cost of 60RMB (effectively the taxi fare). Coming back from exploring Guangzhou, ticket and passport personally delivered.

I had picked this hotel as it was on the direct Line 2 to Guangzhou South station, and about a 40min 17 stop journey, as my next stop was the High Speed Train.

2. moa999
    Original Member

moa999 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Outside:
    [​IMG]

Room
    (you can see an empty construction zone beyond)
    [​IMG]

Bathroom with magicglass
    [​IMG]

Separate toilet and shower (lens isnt wide enough)
    [​IMG]

3. moa999
    Original Member

moa999 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Plat welcome
    [​IMG]

The new roads and future construction zone from my room
    [​IMG]

Truly in the middle of nowhere
    [​IMG]