Hilton gold status with premium account

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by luisalfredo_xv, Jun 10, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. luisalfredo_xv

luisalfredo_xv Active Member

Status Points:
    Hello,
    I was enjoying of the benefits of being a hilton honor gold status but now i am back to blue. I did not know it had an expiration date. Is there anyway to go back to hilton gold status with the milepoint premium account?

uggboy likes this.
  2. cardinalkid

cardinalkid Active Member

Status Points:
    Did you think it was Lifetime Gold status that you received from the Milepoint premium?
    The only way to get back to Gold is to stay 20 nights, or perhaps do a fast track challenge of some sort.

uggboy likes this.
  3. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    I dont' know about getting back the HH Gold status through milepoint, but since you say that you enjoyed the benefits of being a Hilton Gold I strongly urge you to get either the HHonors Citi Reserve visa card or the HHonors AMEX Surpass card. You would regain the HH Gold status immediately upon being approved for either card, and, importantly, you would retain the Hilton Gold status for as long as you remain a cardmember in good standing. Paying for your Hilton stays with either card is also a great way to earn loads of HH points because it earns you double the number of your base points each time...

A win-win situation.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2015
  4. Zomby Woof

Zomby Woof Silver Member

Status Points:
    I you want a no fee version, AMEX and Citi have that but you only get Silver. Might be worth getting that first for the sign up bonus and then get the Surpass or Reserve later for its signup bonus.

5. DTWBOB

DTWBOB Silver Member

Status Points:
    Assuming breakfast for two at an HGI costs $25, 4 stays get you to breakeven and that's before you count the other benefits.

DTWBOB

6. dayone
    Original Member

dayone Silver Member

Status Points:
    Milepoint Premium benefits typically last a year. If Hilton Gold is important to you, you should consider either the American Express Hilton HHonors Surpass Card or the Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve Card.

Counsellor likes this.
  7. mattsteg
    Original Member

mattsteg Gold Member

Status Points:
    It's not about how much breakfast costs, it's about what you value it at. Cash price is merely the maximum reasonable valuation. If you don't normally care for breakfast, would be just as happy grabbing something cheaper elsewhere, or prefer to go with something better...you won't value this benefit at the retail cost.

8. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    Maybe you should take the above, which I fully agree with, to travel bloggers, whose primary reason for claiming that there is 'no material difference' between HH Diamonds and Golds is that they both get free breakfast. But that sets the status equivalence bar rather low because as a HH Diamond I usually sleep through free breakfast...in my suite upgrade, which is, as far as I am concerned, the more valuable perk that HH Golds cannot claim officially, although they sometimes get it...

9. guiarthur

guiarthur Active Member

Status Points:
    You can always try a "fast track", Hilton usually requires 4 stays in order to give you gold on Fast Track. But you have to make sure you are eligible to apply for the offer.
    I know they usually do for some companies.