Hilton Giardini Naxos

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by PDX1KWanabe, Feb 22, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. PDX1KWanabe
    Original Member

PDX1KWanabe Active Member

Status Points:
    Hi All,

I am staying here for part of my honeymoon in July, any suggestions an what to do or where to eat? We are heading here after our stop in Venice so I am hoping for some beach time and possible a trip to the Volcano.

Thanks in advance for the help!

magic111 likes this.
  2. JDiver
    Original Member

JDiver Silver Member

Status Points:
    Though I have visited several of the Cyclades, I've not been to Naxos (yet). One site that may be of help is Frommer's pages on Naxos: http://www.frommers.com/destinations/naxos/

Let us know how it went, and - congratulations![​IMG]

magic111 likes this.
  3. magic111
    Original Member

magic111 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Having been to Naxos a few times. (Last trip June '10) I was surprised to read that a Hilton had been placed there in such a short time.

A little research and the anamoly was discovered. The Hilton Giardini Naxos is not in the Cyclades but is located in Sicily. [​IMG]

JDiver likes this.
  4. PDX1KWanabe
    Original Member

Status Points:
    I also just learned Naxos is both a Greek island and an ancient city of Sicily! who says you cant learn something every day! now I want to go to the Greek Naxos!

5. I stayed at the Hilton Giardini Naxo in August of last year and I am happy to report that it is a nice property.

A little strange of a property as it was originally build in the 80s by a Russian businessman and reeks of 80s gaudiness, but nice all the same.

There is a seafood restaurant next door to the hotel (near the Hellenia Yacht Club) that was pretty good as well as a Pizzeria type place near the hotel's parking lot (on via Recanati) which was also pretty good.

Be sure to visit both parts of town as Giardini is a little different than Naxos (where the Hilton is) and provides for different restaurants and some splendid view of the Ionian Sea as night falls (all within walking distance).

Dan

PDX1KWanabe likes this.
  6. PDX1KWanabe
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Dan,

Thanks for the report!

7. JDiver
    Original Member

JDiver Silver Member

Status Points:
    I guess the answer here is "naxos fast, friend"[​IMG] ; thanks for the research. Sicily is a long haul from the Cyclades!

8. Your Welcome!

Dan