Hilton Garden Inn Milan Malpensa, Italy

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by CrankyScott, Apr 29, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. CrankyScott
    Original Member

CrankyScott Silver Member

Status Points:
    Very nice hotel with well designed rooms and friendly staff. About 15 minute ride from teh airport by free shuttle bus. Just one problem, the "free" internet.

They provide "free" internet to all guests by wireless or wired connection with a user name and password.

The problem is the internet log in is only good for 30 minutes and you must then log in again. I talked with the manager and they said that is the hotel policy - I asked if I could buy 24 hour access to have a continuous connection and the answer was no.

uggboy and TRAVELSIG like this.
  2. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    15 minutes from the airport // sounds far to me!
    The internet issue is an odd one, at most we have experienced that we must logged on again after 24h!
    The manager was not pro-active in finding a more intelligent solution to this obvious problem! Gave only standard cold NO answer, not good in our books!:(
    Sounds not like the best option at Malpensa to me!;)

3. CrankyScott
    Original Member

CrankyScott Silver Member

Status Points:
    After the first night, I checked out. Even as a Hilton Diamond and wanting to be loyal, I moved to the Malpensa Airport Sheraton that is connected to the terminal. And I had a 90 Euro rate, couldn't beat that.

uggboy likes this.
  4. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Seems to us the way to go! New hotel, connected to the terminal and it can be considered design-driven! Great rate you achieved!:) Hope you enjoyed your stay? How was the service? Room size?

5. I did not have much issues with internet, except lack of bandwidth...otherwise, clean, decent room amenities! Free shuttle is convenient but it can take up to 20 minutes in rush hour.